Primary Responsibilities: TheLogistic Route Coordinator is responsible for managing the daily activities necessary to create and maintain routes that are efficient for the scheduled day. This also includes keeping records of each Route Truck’s pre/post trips and scheduling maintenance/repairs when needed. The Logistic Route Coordinator will be responsible to monitor routes, provide driver intervention, minimize costs to business, and ensure promises to customers are kept.This position supports all areas of WSI s in a variety of tasks related to our three business segments.
Position is: Hourly Reports to: Operations Manager
Hours: 6:00 am – 5:00 pm, M-F, some overtime (candidate should be available to work an 8-9 hr. shift within the hours listed here, depending on the season and current needs of WSI)
Supports: General Manager, Sales Manager, Operations Manager, Admins and Technicians (Toilet, Grease, Roll Off.)
- Routes workflow through a route planning software (CRO) to analyze, adjust, and maximize daily delivery efficiency.
- Communicates daily with Operations Manager/Technicians on next day’s route.
- Analyzes current route delivery patterns and volume. Makes necessary adjustments to ensure maximum productivity occurs for each truck/driver.
- Monitors progress of driver/route completion. Maintains daily route logs containing start and end times.
- Forecasts and adjusts to seasonal & holiday delivery routes. This will also include shuffling routes if a driver is out.
- Fields inquiries from customers regarding service options. Provides guidance as to what those options are and how to set up the clients to receive our service.
- Makes decisions regarding undeliverable situations and attempts to reservice/redeliver.
- Updates site/customer information in software: update gate code changes, toilet placement, moves, etc.
- Develops and maintains a filing system for truck logs.
- Documents all conversations with customers in database to provide excellent record keeping.
- Notifies customers of all blocked/skipped/inaccessible stops on route in real time.
- Documents driver notes to update dispatching system.
- Leads the company to the highest levels of responsiveness and friendliness by making weekly routine calls to current customers and to check on our service standards.
- Supports the sales team by making follow-up calls as well as emails to potential new clients.
- Fills in for all positions when necessary. We are a team environment, meaning in a pinch or down time, may assist in office, yard or as a driver if qualified.
- Assists Operations Manager with duties.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge and Skills
- 2+ years of route system experience or related field
- Advanced customer service skills
- Geographical knowledge of service area and/or efficiency in using google maps/mapping software
- Experience using analytics in routing or related field
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized; superior time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to learn other software applications used in Geotab, CRO and more.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent team player plus willing to grow and pivot when necessary
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company. WSI is a “team” environment and at any time may be pulled into a different department or duty depending on company needs. This may include asking to help out on a weekend or help another WSI staff if needed.