We feel privileged to have been named a “Top Workplace” by the Bay Area News Group for three years running, one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World for 2020 and recognized as a TIME Magazine 2018 Genius Company for our impact in helping to reinvent the future of lending. For the last three consecutive years, we have been titled Top Workplace by the Bay Area News Group.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
We will also consider those with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of applicable laws in the locations where the role will be based such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance when hiring for roles in those cities.
Artificial Intelligence and a digital platform are essential to our ability to fulfill Oportun’s financially inclusive mission. The Technology team @ Oportun is dedicated to this mission which we enable by creating, delivering, and maintaining elegant, intuitive, and performant systems to support the needs of our customers and business partners.
As a Solutions Architect of Loan Servicing, you’ll work with some of the brightest engineers and technical/product managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive FinTech companies today. You’ll assess our current software systems, identify areas for improvement, oversee development teams, and help drive future architectural frameworks. You’ll often experiment, get your hands dirty with technologies that aren’t explored yet by Oportun engineering team, be the pioneer to provide technical strategy and optimal cost-effective solution.
The right candidate will be a balance between a technical expert and a person who can understand and support Oportun’s business priorities and risk appetite.
- Determine the best tech solutions to solve the existing business problems.
- Define features, phases, and solution requirements.
- Provide specifications according to which the solution is defined, managed, and delivered.
- Continual research of current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
- Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes, estimate, and plan.
- Be the technical thought leader of the team, provide necessary guidance and mentorship to team members whenever required
- Evolve as subject matter expert and Go-To person for the domain.
- Collaborate with multiple product and engineering teams, external partners, release engineering and other stakeholders across multiple global locations and represen the technical team in x-functional forums.
- Champion best software engineering practices such as continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- Guide and mentor other teammates and junior member.
- 7+ years of proven, professional experience as a Solutions Architect (Software Applications) for consumer-facing products.
- Experience with CI/CD technologies and cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- 2+ years of working experience in building and/or maintaining loan management system, complex transactional systems within FinTech is preferred.
- Proven strong analytical and problem-solving skills - including requirements analysis, detailed planning and risk assessment.
- Experience with scalable, low-latency, highly available distributed systems.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA), enterprise SaaS application development and project management.
- Strong ability to build relationships with internal leadership at all levels, along with effective interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent documentation and collaboration skills.
- Applicable certification strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond with urgency
- MS or advanced degree a plus.
- Experience with systems involving large volume of data ( TeraBytes +)
- Experience with multi-tenant SaaS applications is plus.
- Experience with financial systems, payment systems and/or credit decisioning systems, preferably in loans or similar products is plus.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION
- Bachelors in CS or similar fields from reputed intuition AND 14+ years of experience
- Masters in CS or similar fields from reputed intuition AND 12+ years of experience
- PhD in CS or similar fields from reputed intuition AND 10+ years of experience