Job ID: 323560
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH Company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We believe that working with OBE should be what you WANT to do, not what you have to do!
We believe in relationships over transactions.
We strive every day to make OBE's environment like coming home.
We do this because we know that when you enjoy what you do, you just do it better!
Working with Oldcastle means a commitment to work/life balance but also offers great benefits.
- Life Insurance, Extended Health & Dental coverage for you and your family
- All PPE provided with a $150 boot allowance or supplied
- Company contribution match of 5% to RRSP/DPSP
- Cross training and advancement opportunities, we promote great talent from within
- Employee appreciation days
- $150 Health Spending Account
- Employee referral program
Working closely with production and the AutoCAD and programming team, this role is responsible for digitizing and programming all custom patterns and fabrication for production, evaluating specifications and drawings, and gathering all necessary information required to successfully complete the project specified by the client. The role requires exemplary collaboration with other members of the production team, as well as the sales and customer service team. Adherence to all corporate safety and internal policies and procedures is required.
Duties and responsibilities
Program Forvet, Waterjet and Intermac files for the fabrication department
- Read and translate client drawings to produce AutoCAD files for the cutting, fabrication departments and the production team
- Photograph client supplied templates and digitize them with virtual digitizing software
- Work with clients to review and measure templates to ensure specification compliance and accuracy of all orders
- Export drawings to CAD/CAM software for production
- Proactively communicate with clients to ensure purchase orders are entered in a timely fashion and verified with the correct specifications
- Work collaboratively with the Sales Manager, Customer Service Representatives regarding all customer feedback
- Support customer service staff in answering phones as required
- Be a team player by communicating positively with plant location managers and co-workers
Prefer experience with AutoCAD; will provide training for the right individual
- Positive attitude with customer service orientation
- Must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Must be proficient with math and units of measure with imperial and metric systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Responsive to change in priorities and immediate demands
- High attention to detail and accurate data entry
- Proficient with Microsoft office software
Working conditions & Physical requirements
Be able to maintain composure while exposed to challenging customer service situations
- Exposed to continuous repetitive keying for duration of shift
- Primarily working in an office environment with controlled climate however some duties may involve being in the plant environment with moderate to high noise levels present. All PPE will be provided.
- Physical demands include flexibility and moderate to heavy lifting on occasion (assistance provided)
What CRH Americas Offers You
Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!