Requisition ID: 112854
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The GRT - Trade Floor Risk Management Team develops and supports technology applications for Trade Floor Risk Management group under Global Risk Management.
We are seeking a Business Analyst Specialist to join our team to lead and contribute to a range of projects including building a consolidated market risk limit monitoring system, enhancing our sensitivity generator, initial margin calculator, improving our reporting and analytics solution, and to deliver high availability applications and solutions to support Global Risk Management and regulatory needs. This is a good opportunity to gain exposure to risk management. The successful candidate will work closely with various stakeholders including business partners in risk management, operations and financial engineering, business analyst, architecture, and infrastructure and support to understand business requirements and drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
Is this role right for you?
- Successful candidate will be responsible for the effective analysis, design, and delivery of high quality solutions that meet the business needs.
- Work with diverse set of technologies to implement new systems, or enhancing existing implementations, and ensure sound integration with surrounding components from end to end operational perspective.
- Proactively partner with business line representatives to drive improved technology solutions that support the business strategy.
- Collaborates with multiple technology groups and vendors to ensure that the application, integrations, infrastructure and security architectures are designed to meet evolving business requirements, meet standards for reliability, scalability, performance and availability and align with the Bank’s Technology roadmap
- coordinate and work with vendor partners, other developers, architects, business analysts, infrastructure and change management groups to deliver project goals, and identify opportunities for process and system improvements
- Coach & mentor junior staff of the team
- Transfer knowledge to peers and foster a culture learning in becoming subject matter experts within your domain
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- At least 5+ years of relevant IT and business industry work experience.
- Experience in project executions, agile practice for large scale software
- Good understanding of Capital markets and financial instruments, Market risk management and valuation.
- Strong technical knowledge with exposure to programming language and tools (such SQL, Python, Tableau etc).
- Ability to create business solutions that meet the clients’ needs
- Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong problem solving and analytic skills.
- Must be a self-starter, reliable, highly motivated, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
- Have project management and agile delivery experience would be an asset
- A CFA or FRM designation would be an asset
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.