At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 2,100 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Senior Director, Partner Success (Digital Immersion Technologies, YouVisit and Wisr)
The Senior Director, Partner Success will play a leadership role directly managing the account managers (“Partner Success Managers”) assigned to lead and serve this portfolio of Wisr and Virtual Tour deliverables. As a senior leader in the division, the Senior Director is accountable for the full partner experience through the strategic direction, development, and management of the Partner Success team responsible for post-sale product implementation, training and adoption for partners, as well end-user support, partner retention and revenue growth resulting from satisfied long-term partnerships, cross-sells and upsells. In addition, this role integrates/aligns/implements partner success strategies with all parts of our business, helps develop pricing strategies, offers guidance on the marketing innovation roadmap, executes company’s partner engagement strategies through consultative development of Partner Success team, and acts as a senior-level contact for partners and stakeholders throughout the marketplace.
The role requires strong management and coaching skills as well as highly proficient consultative and commercial talents for direct marketplace interaction and account leadership. The ideal candidate will have broad higher education industry and institutional knowledge plus senior-level partner and team management experience in a highly complex growth environment.
This position will ideally be based in Richmond, VA or Washington DC; however, as EAB embraces a hybrid-work environment in the future, exceptional candidates who may be based remotely are also encouraged to apply.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders to drive implementation and development of a data-driven CS platform and program that prioritizes proactive outreach over reactionary support
- Oversee Partner Success Manager team and guide the strategic vision, growth and scale, including recruiting and building top talent through effective leadership and talent management practices
- Develop Partner Success Manager team to deliver world-class partner experiences
- Drive strong partner results across the portfolio by leveraging EAB marketing and innovation assets to achieve partner objects and satisfaction targets
- Deliver outstanding partnership renewal rates from assigned portfolio – accountable for Partner Success Managers meeting targets for profitable partner retention and revenues, market share, and other key financial performance objectives
- Execute our foundational partner-focused services model to ensure partners consistently feel well-served and individually valued as the organization continues to grow and scale; assist with high-significance partner requests or issues
- Actively serve and lead key partner relationships, specifically forging rapport and trust with senior-level administrators
- Forecast, track and communicate key partner account and team metrics
- Ensure implementation of partner-based strategies and solutions and the documentation of partner feedback to support prioritization of improvement and growth opportunities
- Be active in the higher education industry and stay abreast of partners’ businesses and firm’s competitors to inform our competitive positioning in the marketplace that will impact customer adoption and experience
Travel expectation (in person):
- 15-20% (when EAB travel safely resumes - maximizing activities at national meetings and conferences as well as campus visits where applicable)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years relevant work experience in customer-facing roles for SaaS
- 2+ years’ experience managing teams and/or managing challenging partner relationships and executive level relationships
- Experience and comfort working in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Effective client communications skills and experience providing clients proactive leadership and consultative insight on short- and long-term strategic decisions
- Work well in a highly matrixed organization and develop highly collaborative relationships
- Effective people leadership skills with successful track record of attracting, optimizing and retaining talent
- Technical aptitude with SaaS and office suite products
- Experience in or serving the higher education sector
- Proven ability to effectively manage highly visible and influential relationships throughout the education industry, our partner institutions, and all levels of the organization
- Experience with customer success platforms and support ticketing systems preferred
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.