The Sales Enablement Specialist plays a pivotal role in both building and delivering content to our growing team. The Sales Enablement Specialist will have a direct impact on productivity, helping our teams perfect their selling skills and product knowledge, while ensuring they have the resources to deliver the best experience for our clients and prospects.
This position’s preferred locations are in IDC's Needham, MA HQ or Tampa, FL office, however, other locations will be considered based on the applicants’ qualifications and experience.
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm. We are changing the way the world thinks about the impact of technology on business and society. Our people, data, and analytics create global technology insights that accelerate customer success. We were recognized by the Institute of Industry Analyst Relations (IIAR) as the 2020 Analyst Firm of the Year for delivering critical, timely insights in coordinated efforts around the world, during a time when our customers faced unprecedented challenges.
- Work as part of a team to educate our salespeople on IDC products and positioning, as well as tools training and B2B sales skills
- Manage courses and training programs through the life cycle: planning, creation, enrollment, updates, tracking, retirement, and measurement
- Coordinate, produce, and organize training assets
- Increase retention and boost productivity by ensuring our onboarding programs enable new hires to receive and retain all necessary knowledge in an easy to absorb, timely format
- Evaluate IDC training, courses, and programs
- Report and track learner progress
- Coordinate assessments and activities to reinforce learning and increase knowledge retention
- Work directly with sales representatives, marketing, product managers, and key stakeholders
- Work with sales management to produce training/activities custom to needs
- Negotiate, coordinate, and execute 3rd party training programs
- Ensure the sales team has the marketing assets, programs, tools, training, and information they need to be successful
- Work with sales operations to understand and coordinate on the needs of the sales force and the buying/sales cycle
- Develop content specifically for sales enablement use
- Provide asset distribution and maintenance, monitoring, modifying, and managing of assets specifically for sales enablement
- Provide sales training related to our go-to-market strategies and messaging, including product, sales skills, and tools training
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of sales training and/or sales enablement experience required
- 2+ years of B2B sales experience and/or market research preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- High level of initiative and enthusiasm about training and employee development
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Professional demeanor and attitude
- Adobe Captivate Prime or similar learning management platform experience preferred
- Salesforce.com and Salesloft (or related tools) experience a plus
- 20-40% domestic US travel required (post-COVID, dependent on location)
About IDC: International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.