At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What are the goals of the team and how can you contribute to its success?
The Sales Associate partners with the Wholesalers (VP Regional Sales Managers and Inside Sales Managers) to achieve specific sales targets from a selected list of Investment Advisors within a defined sales territory. To be successful in the role, the incumbent brings business, sales and/or marketing experience, preferably within the financial services industry.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Sales Associate?
- Facilitate the VP, Regional Sales and Inside Sales Manager’s access to Investment Advisors and branches within the defined sales territory to ensure that all Investment Advisors in the territory are being covered. This includes scheduling and confirming regular one-on-one meetings and branch presentations, responding to basic inquiries from Advisors, and maintaining current records in the system.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the investment, business development and service needs of about 500 Investment Advisors as defined by the VP, Regional Sales and Inside Sales Manager. Assist the VP, Regional Sales and Inside Sales Manager in maintaining regular contact with Investment Advisors via telephone, mail, e-mail, FAX, and conference calls with guidance from Sales Management Team.
- Proactively plan and organize business promotional activities and client appreciation events, including Roadshows, Workshops, Conferences on behalf of the team, in conjunction with Marketing.
- Administer dealer support requests based on approvals from the Wholesalers, taking ownership over the coop marketing process from start to finish. Ensure Franklin Templeton compliance policies and procedures are being followed.
- Assist the Wholesalers in segmenting client base within defined sales territory to ensure that all Investment Advisors are being serviced.
- Act as a conduit to all sales and marketing activities to ensure maximum impact in the defined sales territory. This includes working to identify and rectify service issues, preparing the VP Regional Sales Manager for one-on-one meetings and branch presentations, fulfilling promotional requests, and quarterbacking sales lead and follow-up programs.
What ideal qualifications would help someone to be successful?
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a business or related discipline.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in business, sales and/or marketing, preferably within the financial services industry.
- IFIC mutual funds course or CSC is an asset.
- Bilingual (French & English) verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills are required.
- Strong client service focus and partnership skills are required.
- Flexible medical, dental and vision insurance
- Corporate Pension Plan
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Purchase company funds with no sales charge
- Competitive vacation package that includes three annual personal days
- Company paid short-term and long-term Disability Insurance
- Education assistance