Title: Sales Coordinator
Location: East Coast Remote Location
About the Company:
For more than a quarter of a century JAPONESQUE has created cutting edge beauty products inspired by the professional makeup tools used in Kabuki theatre in Japan. JAPONESQUE’S product line includes makeup brushes, eyelash curlers, tweezers, and other beauty accessories.
JAPONESQUE supplies cosmetics, beauty tools, and hair products to the prestige and mass market retail channels. The company distributes and markets branded and private label products across multiple categories and retail customers including Ulta, Target, Walmart, and CVS.
JAPONESQUE products have been sold in leading prestige beauty retailers and with the recent introduction of products into the drug and mass channels, the Company has experienced explosive growth. With that growth, Japonesque was able to acquire the Original MakeUp Eraser which is the #1 sustainable makeup remover in the world. The Original MakeUp Eraser was founded in 2013 by Elexsis McCarthy, where she discovered a way to erase all makeup without using oils, balms, chemicals, or soaps. Having recently partnered with leading consumer Private Equity firm, Top Spin, the Company is profitable with no short term need for additional capital to fund growth.
About the Position:
The Sales Coordinator position will have a broad range of responsibilities in support of the Japonesque Sales Team. This person will play a critical role in managing retailer projects and timelines, retailer systems, and internal coordination of sales projects mainly related to new item launches
Sales Coordinator candidates should have a Bachelor's Degree in a Business or a related field, and experience in CPG is preferred. This position reports directly to the Senior Sales Director.
The Sales Coordinator is an exempt full-time position and can work in a remote location in the North East. Compensation includes healthcare, 401K plan, vacation and other benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate new product launches with customers. This includes the management of product sample submissions, new item and display set up forms, sales sheets and life cycle calendars
· Coordinate display programs, marketing opportunities and social media programs
· Track and communicate promotional activity
· Item set up and maintenance in customer portals
· Manage and organize retail partner files, assortments, promotional calendars, and sales databases
· Works with Senior Sales Director to help identify new ideas and evaluate business opportunities
· Assist with customer communications as needed
· Attend retail partner conference calls, take notes, and distribute recap and action items. Manage action items for open projects.
· Oversee action items and post weekly sales meetings
· Liaison between PD and Sales for deliverables for all new product launches
· Conduct market research and competitive analysis/review
· Support Sales Order Administrator when needed
Essential Skills & Characteristics:
· BA / BS Degree or equivalent in Business or related field
· Passion for the beauty industry with experience in the category preferred.
· CPG/Beauty experience a plus.
· Drug channel (CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid) a huge plus
· A team player possessing strong interpersonal skills with an ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of management.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
· Self-starter with excellent problem solving and analytical skills and the commitment to follow-through.
· Solid computer skills including proficiency in MS Excel, Word Work, Outlook, & PowerPoint. Salesforce a plus.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Flexibility in a context of rapidly changing priorities.
· Order entry, retail customer portals and EDI experience a plus.
· Must have an effective and professional demeanor in all interactions with co-workers and customers.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $1.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- One location