We have a business with purpose and are looking for passionate, innovative people like you to join our team! INSURICA has built a rewarding environment for Colleagues and continues to uphold our solid customer pledge by “Specializing in You”.
INSURICA has over 600 employees across 3 time zones, 6 states, and 30+ locations nationwide. We are among the 50 largest insurance brokers in the US and are currently the 23rd largest privately held independent agency in the country.
We take pride in our welcoming and diverse culture, internal growth opportunity, and robust compensation and benefit package. INSURICA provides our Colleagues with cutting edge resources, tools, and support so that we can be the best at what we do.
The Commercial Account Manager is responsible for assisting clients with service needs and making changes to existing accounts, meeting service and sales delivery standards, and performing essential functions to achieve the quality and service standards developed by the agency. This position will provide assistance to Producers/Account Executives in the handling and processing of new and renewal commercial business and maintain high service standards.
- After receiving new business application or renewal instructions, complete applications for new and renewal business. Prepare proposals and complete application in coordination with producers, submit applications to eligible and appropriate carriers, when requested obtain client signatures on all applications, and follow-up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies
- Perform all necessary rating sufficient for policy quotation and/or issuance on carrier website or rating programs. Calculate premium if company-rating program is available. Responsible for the issuance of premium bearing binders, invoices, and resolving Carrier Accounting discrepancies
- Prepare proposals, binders, certificates, account summaries, endorsements, policies, lost policy releases and account balance status when requested. Ensure items are delivered and/or mailed to client. Initiate correspondence with companies and clients. Maintain follow-up and suspense file on outstanding orders, correspondence, audits, reports, reporting form coverage, and follow-up on overdue and suspense items. Maintain expiration control log
- Request renewals, endorsements and other needed data from the companies and insureds. Solicit Producer/Account Executive assistance when necessary in order to issue coverage in a timely, efficient manner. Bind coverage within Agency Underwriting Authority.
- Check new and renewal policies, endorsements, audits, cancellations and promptly handle for accuracy in rating, typing, coverage, signatures and input these transactions to generate billing invoices and quality products for our customers. Maintain files in an orderly, up-to-date manner
- Determine reasons for requests for cancellations, act to save accounts, notify Producers according to agency standards. Process and follow-up on cancellation request to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution
- Receive phone calls from clients and companies and comply with the request and/or refer to the Producer/Account Executive
- Refer current and prospective clients to Employee Benefits Department and to Personal Insurance Department for solicitation of those lines of business or to a Commercial Producer
- Participate in seminars and other training to maintain required licenses and for knowledge and skill development. Meet with Company representative to update carrier appetite, underwriting guidelines, etc.
- Review all activities relating to the public, customers and companies to avoid issues involving potential errors and omissions.
- Perform other duties as requested
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be a self-starter, organized and display good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be a team player and be willing to find win-win solutions for our customers, companies, and Agency
- Ability to understand written and oral communications and interpret abstract information.
- Must have strong computer skills and be able to effectively utilize the Agency’s management systems
- Must possess sound knowledge of rating procedures, coverage and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain and write assigned client and prospect lists. Full knowledge of insurance markets is essential
- Property and Casualty license
- Minimum two years’ experience in similar position
- CPCU or CIC designation and college degree is desirable
- Adherence to Company policies and procedures
- Ability to fulfill job responsibilities through acceptable attendance
WORKING CONDITIONS AND REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS:
- Fast-paced multiple tasking, high disruption and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to perform 80% sedentary work exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and negligible force frequently
- All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate physically or mentally challenged employees