If you are looking for a rewarding career opportunity, look no further! Interim HealthCareof Seattle iscurrently seeking a Business Development Rep.to assist with our Home Care and Staffing operation. We are searching for someone that has a passion for helping others, while becoming a resource for families considering in-home care and for businesses in need of medical staffing services. Much of this role is focused on managing all outside sales and networking efforts, and ensuring we exceed expectations once the referrals are secured. Below is a more detailed description of the position. If you believe this would be a great fit with your past experience, we are interested in speaking with you. Please apply.
Responsible for marketing Interim HealthCare non-medical home care and medical staffing services to potential referral sources and prospective clients throughout the Seattle, Renton and Shoreline communities. Oversees a weekly sales and marketing plan in an effort to drive sales and increase market share.
- Establishes and maintains contacts and relationships with referral sources for home care patients and clients, including physicians, hospitals, skilled and other nursing facilities, community resources and others appropriate to targeted markets and service lines.
- Prepares and conducts presentations regarding Interim HealthCare to organizations where prospective clients might be reached or influenced.
- Implements account development strategies to sell to and secure growth in account market share with large complex referral and payor organizations.
- Uses contact management system to track and report on activity as well as monitor account development status and plan next steps; reviews reports and activity with supervisor on regular basis.
- In conjunction with the Administrator establishes and monitors the process to track all referral activity, including sources and disposition.
- Works a key account plan established and modified in conjunction with the Administrator.
- Meets with appropriate operational managers to monitor customer service levels and review identified target accounts.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
- Meets minimum productivity standards as established and documented in Addendum to this description
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in business-related subject or equivalent years of training and work experience.
- Successful sales experience with comparable customers, preferably healthcare services.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels within and outside the company.
- Demonstrated familiarity with home healthcare services, referral sources and payors.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Computer and Internet literacy.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and detail skills.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals under short deadlines, changing priorities and minimal resources.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Ability to work flexible schedule and/or evening hours as needed.
- Able to engage in local and occasional out-of- town travel.
- Physical activity is light requiring occasional lifting/carrying up to 20 lbs. or pushing/pulling small objects. Frequently walking or standing or sitting most of the time.