Shotwell Hydrogenics offers customized chemical solutions, including performance monitoring, water-soluble toll blending, chemical selection, and verification. Our state-of-the-art chemical manufacturing facility, located in Midland, Texas, is ISO9001:2015 certified, NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) certified, and FDA registered.
Shotwell’s team prides itself on offering turnkey solutions enabled by exceptional technologies, backed by stringent quality control and quality assurance standards and reliable technical and laboratory support. The cutting-edge facility enables us to blend up to 57.6 million gallons a year, with the agility to quickly respond to our customers’ needs and offer the reliability your business requires.
Shotwell Hydrogenics is proud of our Mission, Vision Values.
Our mission is "to create opportunities that bless others. "
Our vision is inspired by Isaiah 12:3: "We transform the foundation of life to release unique innovations."
Our Values- Strategic, Spiritual, Shepherds, Stewards, Steadfast and Servant-Minded.
Now all we need is you.
We are looking for a Regional Sale Manager to help us increase our sales revenue and maintain customer relationships within an assigned territory as well as Support and foster the corporate mission and quality statement by:
- Managing and continuously improving sales and profits by an annually determined factor that is significantly greater than inflation.
- Professionally representing Shotwell to the market and customers.
About the Job:ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: ($ responsibilities and numerical values are estimates, based on historic results.)
- Sales responsibility is $10 - $15 million per region. Territory size and scope determined by sales region.
- Safety responsibility includes personal, company car, product use and handling, and entertainment.
- Fully understands Shotwell’s products; Chemistry, Physical Properties, Storage and Handling, manufacturing and logistic requirements.
- Fully understands the applications of Shotwell’s products, and has in depth industry knowledge of direct and distributor markets and customers in the region.
- Has basic selling skills: Knows sales cycle (Introduction, Discovery, Sample Propose Close and Follow Up). Has good interpersonal and negotiation skills. Knows where to get support internally and at customers to achieve sales goals. Provide sales and technical assistance to customers.
- Ability to call on all levels within an account (Purchasing, technical, manufacturing, management, etc.)
- Develops and achieves, sales plans (including annual budgeting process) for direct and distributor business. Supports and implements marketing and sales strategies. Develops account strategies for target direct and distributor accounts. Influences decision for direct and distributor accounts.
- Maintain current business, increases share at existing accounts, Opens new accounts and Minimizes lost business. Tracks performance in these areas.
- Ability to develop and implement a rolling 90-day plan.
- Have basic network development skills (Identify and penetrate Champions, Users, Influences, and Decision-Makers). Builds networks at target direct and distributor accounts. Uses entertainment wisely and effectively to support network development. Sells in depth at target accounts.
- Implements price change: Gets verbal and written price change notification out quickly, Provides immediate customer and competitive feedback, has network in place to get competitive price intelligence and Develops proposals, which influences pricing decision.
- Meets administrative requirements: ROC’s are timely and contain a balance of commercial technical and operations inputs (Market feedback on customers, industry trends, pricing, and competitors). All major business under contract or letters of agreements. Pricing letters are accurate and timely. Credit issues are resolved. Disputed invoices are resolved and minimized., First order instructions are filed timely. Customer complaints are filed timely. Sample requests are submitted and followed up. Leads are followed up.
- Develops proposals, which leads to new products, business and applications.
- Manages travel budget.
- Participates in cross functional teams.
Report to the Director of Commercial Operations. Responsive to other departments, particularly, President of Shotwell and BPS O&G
- This job will have no supervisory responsibilities.
- BS/BA degree. Minimum 5 years of chemical sales experience including commodities and specialties; direct and distributor. BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering degrees preferred.
- Personal computer skills with contact management, word processing and spread sheet capabilities. Proficient use of eChempax, NetSuite or equivalent CRM for maintaining contact and pricing information.
- Professional training in: Professional Selling Skills, and Account Development Strategy.
- Must learn Shotwell; policies and procedures, products, chemistry, process and applications, health, safety, and environmental requirements, within one year from date of hire.
- Excellent and succinct verbal, written, listening, and communication skills.
- Team player with good superior, and peer relationship skills
- Undergraduate or executive education business courses; particularly marketing or selling skills
- Training in interpersonal skills, personality, and time management.
- Quality training and use of quality techniques in continuous improvements efforts.
- Formal training in negotiating skills, pricing and value-added selling, questioning and overcoming objection skills, and Sales cycle.
- Knowledge of, surfactants and their applications - particularly in household, industrial & institutional and personal care.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES
Success at Shotwell is measured by the degree of continuous improvement an employee can demonstrate through agreed upon measurements:
1. Safety - measured by lost workdays, health, safety and environmental incidents, and reportable auto accidents or tickets. Goal is zero per category.
2. Fully understands Shotwell’s products: Measured by years in position and feedback from customers and other functions.
3. Basic selling skills: Measured by assessment of Manager, North America Sales and VP Commercial based on joint calls and daily interaction involving direct, distributor or marketing activities.
4. Fully understands the applications of Shotwell’s products, measured by customer feedback, R&D assessment of questions asked. Perception of report of call (ROC) content by Executive Committee (EC) members based on joint calls and daily interaction involving direct, distributor or marketing activities.
5. Develops and achieve sales plan and account development strategies with input from Commercial Director and President: Measured by sales results vs. LYTD and Budget. The existence and quality of regional sales plan for direct and distributor business and direct and distributor account plans.
6. Maintain current business, Increases share at existing accounts, Opens new accounts and Minimizes lost business: Measured by data from sales report in each category.
7. Have basic network development skills: Measured by network and entertainment plans for target accounts and the degree to which plans are implemented.
8. Implements price change: Measured by price increases success in the region. Competitive price intelligence input, Customer feedback on price change, and the assessment President, Commercial Operations Director and BPS O&G President on the effectiveness to get price change notification out quickly (ROC and Verbal inputs).
9. Meets administrative requirements: Measured as follows: ROC quality is based on EC feedback. ROC quantity is based on weekly measurement from sales administration assistant. All other measures provided by Sales administration manager with inputs from the Accounting Manager, or the accounting group.
10. New Product proposals - measured by new products commercialized based on business cases.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation: $100-125k Base Salary plus commission determined upon hiring
- 401(k) of 3% of annual salary
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- 3 Weeks Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- STD/LTD Disability
- $50k Life Insurance Policy
- Volunteer Time Off- 4 hours per quarter
- Other Supplemental insurance plans
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.