Terra Nova Solutions Inc. offers industrial and remedial services to several industries including manufacturing, transportation, retail, and energy in the eastern and midwestern United States. Our large-scale division, Terra Nova Environmental Solutions (TNES) has an immediate opportunity for a self-motivated, entrepreneurial person seeking to expand their career in the environmental services industry. Terra Nova works with an impressive client base and is looking to expand in several areas of the environmental and industrial sectors.
The Account Manager will support both new and existing client relationships, work in process including opportunity generation. The candidate should be proficient in proposal and estimate development, account maintenance and strategic planning. Experience with large scale environmental service opportunities is preferred.
Required Candidate Skills:
- Identify target accounts and develop a sales /account management plan through existing networks and other business development efforts.
- Full cycle sales on select accounts (from identifying opportunities, meeting with prospects, crafting proposals and closing engagement) to consistently meet/exceed your sales metrics.
- Knowledge of environmental and Industrial projects, wastewater treatment, hazardous and non-hazardous waste streams, recycling, and green initiatives experience is desired.
- Prior experience selling sustainability programs, transportation services, chemical sales, hazardous material handling services, safety services/ programs, and manufacturing services would be helpful.
Acquire meetings, perform interactions, and conduct account penetration efforts to develop business opportunities pursuant to TNES’s target service lines.
- Possess and maintain sufficient knowledge of all aspects of TNES’s service and support for the sales cycle in concert with operations including minor estimating and proposal writing tasks.
- Attend site, bid meetings, and understand and relay the context of the project and work scope to the project management team.
- Maintain all required sales pipelines and account management data to support strategic and budgeting operations.
- Create, maintain and update TNES’s online presence including but not limited to LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Develop client base in New York and across the Northeast. Growing TNES top line revenue originating from New York to 30% and 50% originating from the Northeast.
- Maintain a backlog of 20% of TNES budget entering the next Calendar year.
- Cross-sell services and customers across locations with focus on finding first quarter work for TNES’s out of the southern offices.
- Minimum of 10 years sales or account experience
- Interpersonal skills - ability to interface easily with diverse groups of people
- Creative problem solver, strong communication skills, the ability to listen, be resourceful and a flexible thinker with attention to detail
- Decisive personality – Ability to work on tight timelines and can set priorities that consistently drive results
- Ability to handle objections quickly, calmly and effectively.
- Ability to build rapport and collaborate with others within the company and externally.
- Understanding of consumer behaviors and industry trends
- TNS offers a full-time position with a competitive salary and progressive benefits package
- 100% paid Employee Health / Life Insurance
- 401K with guaranteed match
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Terra Nova is an EOE employer