It’s a big goal, and that’s where you come in. We're growing a world class team of data science, engineering, design, product, marketing and mobile technologists because we know that the key to success isn’t just about nailing the technology—it’s hiring the talented people who will help us make a quantifiable impact.
The Data Infrastructure engineering team builds and delivers the central data repository and infrastructure workflow that powers our advanced data science teams, front-end, and mobile app teams delivering the BlueOwl cloud native solution.
- Provide leadership for several teams including Data Engineering, BackEnd Engineering, and Platform Engineering delivering the core infrastructure of the BlueOwl native AWS cloud solution.
- Enable the data science organization and product business groups to build comprehensive business logic workflows and analytics quickly and effectively.
- Identify, define and staff projects that align with business needs, meeting growth objectives and roadmap targets.
- Engages program management and group engineering managers to adopt best practices for software development and the SDLC, serving automation, and CICD objectives.
- Establish OKR’s (Objectives and Key Results) for the product to measure and track workflow improvements pertaining to business success.
- Partner with Business Product teams and other engineering teams for roadmap creation, design, and resourcing.
- Build effective partnerships with peers, serve as an evangelist for the team and promote engineering and corporate culture.
- BS in CS or a related field
- 5+ years experience managing functional team managers delivering scale-out cloud solutions.
- Direct experience in one of the following areas: distributed scale-out systems, data warehousing, data infrastructure, persistent data & caching solutions, backend.
- Experience delivering software solutions that meet RAS (Reliability, Availability, Serviceability) targets associated with high product growth and rapid customer adoption.
- Experience in change management and moving team members from concept to completion.
- Experience translating vision into results through roadmap creation and prioritization
- Knowledge of high concurrency models, kafka, caches, message queues, event queues, and cloud load balancing solutions are a plus.
- Experience with data science and analytics on modern platforms is a plus.
- Salary: We pay competitive salaries factoring in experience, skill set, and location. We do not offer equity.
- We provide a wide-selection of health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and supplemental income plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan with a company match.
- Wellness and Time Off: We provide Headspace subscriptions, a wellness allowance, and generous time off including four weeks of PTO in the first year of employment with additional time granted upon hire. New parents may also take eight weeks of fully paid parental leave (plus four weeks for parents who give birth) which may be taken within one year after the birth and/or the adoption of a child.
- Professional learning and growth: We provide a generous allowance each year for professional learning, continuing education, and career development.
- Location: May work from anywhere in the US, but will need to be actively available during core meeting hours from 9:00AM - 3:00PM pacific time to collaborate with team members across all time zones.
- Some travel may be required after the San Francisco office re-opens.
- Candidates based in the SF Bay Area will be able to commute to the SF office for in-person meetings and other gatherings. Frequency TBD.