Area Sales Manager
Do you believe in fast and friendly customer service?
We are always looking for passionate, energetic professionals to help us continue a tradition of fast and friendly customer service. Whether we are gathering information to get customers approved, or taking the time to explain our flexible payment plans, great employees are a big part of our outstanding reputation.
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career as an Area Sales Manager, please submit your resume and cover letter.
We have high expectations for our sales team. To ensure those expectations are understood and achieved we have delineated below what we expect from each salesperson and what each salesperson’s compensation will be for achieving those expectations.
The foremost duty of every Area Sales Manager is to grow lease revenue. First by increasing the lease volume of your existing retailers/stores over their volume in the previous year and secondly by finding new retailers/stores where we will become their primary provider of leasing services to generate new lease volume.
- Calling on Existing Customers
- Expansion/Extension of Sales Territory
- Increasing Sales Line
- Image Building
- Developing Market Knowledge
- Participating in Sales Meetings
- Maintaining CRM
- Territory Report Analysis
Day to Day Activities
- Service existing accounts and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work/travel schedules to call on existing or potential retailers
- Work with account management to analyze retailer and territory sales trends. Plan engagement/sales activity based on territory needs to ensure that territory attains or exceeds assigned monthly, quarterly, and/or annual sales plan.
- Focus sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of retailers based on retailer metrics
- Keep management informed by updating activity and results reports in CRM
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, service offerings, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Resolve retailer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Contribute to team effort by communicating accomplishments/results so all team members can learn from wins and losses
- Develop and implement sales training plans and lease origination targets for existing and new retailers by understanding and assessing their needs.
- Maintain constant contact with existing retailers to strengthen relationships and ensure satisfaction with services
- Perform any directly related appropriate duties assigned by Management.
- Provide client reports, as requested by the manager, to include, but not limited to territory sales (loss/gain of major accounts, competitor activity impacting sales, sales successes, etc.)
- Complete all administrative paperwork in a timely manner.
- Report to management any service issues, loss or potential loss of key retailers, or competitive sales strategies that negatively or positively affect sales.
- Travel within territory
- Attend sales conferences or trade shows as requested
- Demonstrated history of sales growth in a territory
- Bachelor’s degree
Relevant experience and skills:
- A minimum of 4 years of outside sales experience.
- Consistent performance exceeding sales quotas
- Understands what’s important to a retailer
- Takes responsibility
- Asks questions
- Follows through
- Demonstrated professional sales skills (consultative capabilities)
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondences.
- Effectively present information, communicate and respond to questions clearly and persuasively with retailers, management, and other key members of the company while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Skilled in prioritizing tasks -- understanding what is urgent and what can be done tomorrow
- Be self-motivated and a “self-starter”
- Capable of working independently
Unique working terms:
Sales/relationship position. Generally, it operates with minimal supervision of the position. Territory Manager must reside in or around Arkansas.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Commission pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Outside sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
- 100% (Required)
- Multiple locations