Senior Project/ Portfolio Manager
Thursday, July 22, 2021
Projects and clients are divided into different portfolios, reflecting commonalities in business objectives, requirements and project needs. For example, portfolios may be divided into payers and providers. This Project Portfolio Manager is responsible for leading and overseeing the assigned projects within their portfolio, ensuring that all hours are tracked for billing purposes and ensuring that the assigned staff are delivering on timelines and business requirements for each client project.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate implementation of client projects assigned within the portfolio. This requires regular monitoring and reporting on project implementation metrics, deliverables, gaps, issues, potential delays, resourcing requirements, etc.
- Fulfill project sponsor or project assurance responsibilities as appropriate on client projects, acting as an escalation point for all project issues and risks.
- Collaborate and pro-actively communicate with the Implementations, Client Solutions, Customer Success, Human Resources, Finance, Product Management and Technology teams to ensure that client projects are successfully completed on time and on budget.
- Ensure projects are run according to PMO standards, contributing to the continuous improvement of standards, processes, templates and tools.
- Contribute to sales activities such as scoping, estimation and SOW definition within the assigned portfolio.
- Supervise the assigned portfolio team to ensure appropriate utilization of resources and addressing any requests for resources within the portfolio.
- Pro-actively managing communication amongst the team and with clients.
- Ensure that all hours for assigned staff are tracked and reported in accordance with policies and requirements of Smile. This role is accountable for ensuring the profitability of project implementation through time tracking, billable hours and reporting.
- Provide effective and regular supervision of team members and ensure that appropriate feedback and guidance is provided.
- Ongoing compliance with organizational policies, procedures and practices (such as but not limited to human resources and security policies) are an ongoing requirement of the employment or contractual agreement. Non-compliance may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Previous experience in project management, overseeing project teams and project implementations gained over multiple years in a similar role.
- Expertise in IT project management and one of: software development, requirements analysis or software quality assurance experience.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently organize, plan, prioritize and problem solve.
- Experience leading, managing, mentoring and directing a team of project professionals.
- Experience working within the healthcare technology sector is an asset.
- Sales experience is an asset.