Microsoft Advertising is a multi-billion dollar worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization continuing its work of being on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry with the expansion of our native solutions – The Microsoft Audience Network.
We are seeking a Global Agency Specialist Partner to be part of our Specialist Solutions Team. As the Native product expert this individual is tasked with influencing and developing internal product strategy in close partnership with the Agency Development team. In addition, they will be responsible for educating, evangelizing and executing with external stakeholders within the Native/Display/Video/Programmatic buying teams within agencies. They’ll foster relationships at the senior/C-suite level to build understanding of and identify key areas of opportunity to align The Microsoft Audience Networks as solution.
Our Specialist Solutions group empower the largest advertisers around the world to reach their maximum potential through our display/native solutions. The Global Agency Specialist Partner will help build the evolution of our product suite in conjunction with our broader Sales and Business teams. This role will help Microsoft Advertising execute our aggressive Microsoft Audience Network goals. The individual will bring advertising knowledge, display/native sale expertise, client obsession, a passion for innovation and best-practice sharing, and a proven track record for delivering exceptional results.
- Drive agency adoption for Microsoft Audience Network (MSAN), including relationship-building beyond existing Search partnerships and into Native/ Display/ Video/ Programmatic buying teams.
- Build intentional relationships at the most senior leadership agency layers that grow knowledge and investment of the Microsoft Audience Network (display/native/video).
- Build solution and education strategy to develop a strategic narrative driving scaled growth and impact across holding companies.
- Help support business reviews, and education plans across agencies to ensure Microsoft solutions are considered to their full potential across agency business and opportunities.
- Be an industry expert and thought leader on the product with agency teams and partners.
- Hold accountability for meeting/exceeding Native advertising revenue target.
- Operate at the ‘tip of the spear’, immersing in industry shifts and competitive offerings, to inform product pipeline; and new sales initiatives as needed.
- Leverage client knowledge, advocacy and relationship skills to establish best-in-class engagement standards to be emulated by the team; be regarded by internal and external clients as trusted partner and wield deep influence to hold the client accountable to achieving goals.
- Orchestrate across Engineering, Product Marketing and Partner-focused teams to develop overall solution strategy and action on client and account team feedback.
- Guide and inspire a high-performing virtual account team. Ensure all team members are accountable and proactive in executing client goals, while mentoring and leading other sales team members within Microsoft.
- Develop cross-Microsoft relationships in support of bringing the best of Microsoft to our clients.
- 8+ years’ experience in digital media sales/service with a focus on agencies required.
- Deep competitive knowledge and experience with Native/Display/Video required.
- Organizational agility/ savvy to lead across functions, markets and segments; and driving scaled programs.
- Proven track record in nurturing trusted relationships with senior level/C-suite agency leaders; possessing a high degree of executive maturity, integrity and accountability.
- Consistently demonstrates a ‘growth mindset’; embracing continuous learning; challenging the status quo, being brave, owning failures and rapidly iterating.
- Deep competitive knowledge of the players and partners across the digital advertising solution ecosystem that can elevate client success and help create solutions that result in positive revenue impact for the business.
- Passion for creating a diverse and inclusive culture, where everyone could bring their full and authentic selves; where all voices were heard; and where the team could do their best work as a result.
- Proven track record of exceptional performance, high productivity, meeting deadlines, and exceeding sales quota.
- Demonstrated success moving from ‘start up’ to ‘scaled business’ is critical and the ability to move easily and constantly across functions (Sales, Ops, Strategy, Marketplace), partner sets (Business Development, Finance, Engineering) and client conversations (both c-level and more tactical).
- Infectious sense of enthusiasm, fun, and imagination associated with a group committed to developing the best client experiences in the world.
- Domestic/ international travel anticipated, although requirements will be assessed in the post-pandemic period.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.