Sr. Business Development Representative
Michels Canada Power
At Michels Canada, We Do That. Our company is passionate about our business, our customers and our talent! We are cultivating a culture of excellence and aspire to be best-in-class in the industry. Michels Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s prosperous future by constructing safe, reliable infrastructure solutions to serve the public’s energy, water and wastewater, and transportation needs. We care about doing what is best for our people, our customers, the communities in which we work and our country. We strive to provide our employees with meaningful and challenging work, and an engaging and collaborative environment in a fast paced setting.
What We Offer
- Competitive total compensation package.
- Professional development opportunities to grow your career.
- Coaching and mentorship from industry leaders
- A challenging and rewarding work environment.
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing business.
Your Opportunity with Michels Canada
The Sr. Business Development Representative will identify new opportunities by establishing sound relationships with prospective customers and building stronger lines of communication to support our existing customers. Deliver an understanding through promotion that Michels is the contractor to choose, by showcasing all facets and capabilities of Michels throughout the respective region. Critical for success are the personal dedications to the Michels Core Values and the abilities to maintain organization, direction, and leadership. Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion, demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Promote Core values, lead by example, and is an ambassador of Michels Corporation.
- Develop and nurture relationships with government agencies, consultants, contractors, and the private sector to promote and secure contracts for Michels.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with customers, serving as the personal communication link.
- Promote and express all Michels business services to clients to communicate the convenience and advantage of the One Michels philosophy.
- Identify new opportunities utilizing network connections and market research.
- Identify and attend industry conferences and trade shows to engage with existing and prospective customers, keep abreast of emerging technologies, and promote the Michels brand.
- Review bid specifications and plans for adherence to client requirements.
- Collaborate with executives and divisional directors to strategically align activities with business goals.
- Develop, implement and maintain “best in class” support to deliver high and consistent service levels to external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- University degree or diploma in related field, 5+ years of business development experience, or equivalent combination.
- Passion for construction, with previous related industry or trade experience is an asset.
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset with a drive for results.
- Possesses a high degree of EQ (Emotional Intelligence)
- Very skillful in building relationships with new or existing clients
- Exceptional communication skills with the proven ability to deal effectively with members at all levels of the organization internally and externally.
- Must possess a valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles which may be driven and an acceptable driving record as determined by the DOT Operations Director and Michels Legal Department.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Michels Canada is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Michels Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s prosperous future by constructing safe, reliable infrastructure solutions to serve the public’s energy, water and wastewater, and transportation needs. Michels Canada is headquartered in Nisku, Alberta, Canada, and serves many industries, including pipeline, HDD, tunneling, Direct Pipe and power transmission and distribution. We care about doing what is best for our people, our customers, the communities in which we work and our country.