Primary Location: 11799 N College Ave, Carmel, IN, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 215829
The Senior Business Assurance Specialist will assist in the execution of the departments plan, objectives, and goals by driving or assisting in performing assurance audits and projects from planning through final report delivery, collaborating with team members and stakeholders to set responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess the effectiveness of the design and operation of internal controls, identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies and effectiveness to prevent and/or detect business risks
- Perform audits confirming business practices are in compliance with corporate policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Analyze testing results to identify business risks; provide feedback and suggestions on potential process enhancements
- Draft and review written materials documenting completed testing, audit observations, and recommendations in a clear, concise, and intelligible manner
- Prepare and/or take a lead role in presentations
- Draft quality project charters, project plans, reports, and presentation materials
- Develop strong, positive business relationships to understand business processes and risks
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Profession Industry knowledge and its industry specific authorities
- Working knowledge of data collection and analysis techniques
- Understand the relationships between mitigating risk, improving performance, and balancing cost/benefit of suggested solutions and changes
- Solid written, verbal, and presentation skills demonstrating a consistent attention to detail, clearly and confidently
- Demonstrates active listening skills and summarizes key points to clarify own understanding
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently managing multiple work activities
- Accomplish goals through adequate preparation prioritizing the activities, tasks, timeline, and expectations
RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Proven ability to work productively with people of diverse functional expertise and backgrounds
- Demonstrates the ability to influence and build positive relationships, easily establishing rapport and trust
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in related field of accounting/auditing required and 5 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Masters Degree a plus
- 4+ years in public accounting/internal audit performing/leading assurance projects; demonstrating creative, out -of-box thinking to drive project to completion
- Professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CIA, CMA etc.) a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Some level of experience in Data Analytics
- Normal office environment with ability to visit and interact with all departments
- Partial virtual office environment from home
- Ability to travel
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Computer work
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
NextGear Capital is the worlds leading independent inventory finance company, providing flexible lines of credit for Dealers to purchase new and used inventory throughout the U.S., Canada, and the United Kingdom. NextGear Capital delivers innovative solutions that empower Dealers to buy and sell inventory with versatile lines of credit that can be used at over 1,000 auto and specialty Auctions and other inventory sources.
The Company offers floor plan financing for nearly any type of remarketed unit in automotive retails, wholesale, salvage and specialty, including recreational vehicles and trailers, marine, power sports, used heavy trucks, auto salvage, and auto daily rentals. NextGear Capital also provides a robust array of services and support allowing Dealers to acquire and sell more inventory. This includes state-of-the-art online and mobile account management tools, market-specific industry and Dealer performance data, title services, records managements and collateral protection.
NextGear Capital is focused on service, technology and simple solution that will help Dealers stock more vehicles, attract more customers and close more deals. The company is headquartered in Carmel, Indiana and is part of the Cox Automotive group of companies. Visit www.nextgearcapital.com to learn more.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accomodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accomodation would cause an undue harship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.