As the industry leader in water technology, we’re growing and need talented people like you to help us continue to protect the world’s most vital resource.
Nalco Water, an Ecolab Company, seeks a Business Development Manager to join its industry leading sales team. You’ll be responsible for gaining new accounts in the Chemical Processing Industry. Through outstanding presentation skills and style, you’ll help our customers be more profitable by saving water, energy and waste.
What’s in it For You:
- You’ll join a growth company offering a competitive base salary, bonus structure and benefits
- A company vehicle and cell phone
- A long term, advancing career path in service, sales or management
- Access to the industry’s most innovative training programs
- Support from a dedicated technical service team
- A culture that values safety first, including training and personal protection
- Pride in working for a company that provides clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
What You Will Do:
Drive new customer acquisition
Manage significant deal volume and target account pipelines
Develop and execute strategic sales plans, targeting prioritized opportunities
Respond to inbound lead generation, leverage sales experience and skills to close new accounts
Leverage knowledge of CPI industry and sales experience to establish credibility with current and prospective customers
Provide timely and accurate sales forecasts to inform management's strategic decision-making, and to reflect appropriate management of the territory and sales pipeline
Collaborate with internal stakeholders to win new business
Transition customers to account management team responsible for post-sales support
- The territory is the Gulf Coast
- Preferred location is Texas or Louisiana; Open to candidates living anywhere in the US close to a major airport.
As a trusted partner, your customers will rely on you for their success. Nalco Water is committed to seeing you succeed and provides innovative training programs to ensure you’re prepared to solve any customer problem.
Training programs are held in the field and at Nalco Water Headquarters in Naperville, IL; travel is arranged and paid for by Nalco Water. Based on your skill level and experience, topics covered may include technology, product, service, business and industry acumen, direct coaching and mentoring, sales management and leadership, classroom training and certifications.
If applicable, relocation assistance would be provided for the right candidate
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
- Five years of technical sales or field sales support experience
- Possess a valid Driver's License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (chemical, mechanical, industrial) or life sciences (biology, chemistry, etc.)
- Process treatment experience in ethylene, butadiene, styrene, and downstream chemical operations
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
About Nalco Water:
In a world with increasing water shortage and contamination challenges, Nalco Water, an Ecolab company, helps customers conserve more than 161 billion gallons of water each year. We work with customers across the world in the light industry (institutional, food & beverage, transportation and manufacturing), heavy industry (chemical, power and primary metals industries), paper and mining operations to reduce, reuse, and recycle their water while protecting their systems and equipment. Nalco Water provides the unique opportunity to work with a broad suite of technologies to deliver automated monitoring systems, data analysis and deep technical expertise to increase efficiency, sustainability and performance for our customers.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.