HOW WE'RE MAINTAINING A SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT
These are some of the ways we're maintaining a safe work environment at Simpson Strong-Tie.
- Sanitizing: Increased cleaning and disinfecting of facilities
- Hand Sanitizer and Wipes: Providing hand sanitizer and wipes throughout our facilities
- Face Coverings: Providing face coverings for employees
- Limited Guests and Vendors: Limiting guests and vendors to those who are essential only
- Extended Sick Pay: Encouraging employees to stay home when sick
- Travel: Banning the use of public transportation for business purposes, when possible
BE A MAKER
At Simpson Strong-Tie, there’s a common thread connecting the people who work here: the drive to make things better and figure out how to get it done. We call it the Maker mindset. For over 60 years, our employees have fostered a collaborative workplace where people are engaged in creative thinking from the first day on the job onward. No matter what role you’re in — from production, to sales, to engineering — you’ll contribute to the growth and success of the company by having a Maker mindset.
When you think of the best a family has to offer — support, collaboration and respect — that's what we value. When there's a win, we'll cheer you on. When there's a snag, coworkers step in to help you out. Working on solutions together is just the way we do things here, and that creates an atmosphere that often feels like home.
You'll work alongside talented, passionate, dedicated, humble and genuinely kind people who are all contributing to our shared mission: to provide solutions that help people design and build safer, stronger structures. It's this mission and our strong people-focused values that have made Simpson Strong-Tie a unique place to work — a place where you can connect, create and build your career. We invite you to learn more about our culture and why our employees are our most loyal customers.
You want to be an important member of a strong team of other makers who take pride in their work and support each other. As a Retail Sales Representative you will be responsible for building relationships and maintaining a positive retail experience with our National Retail customers in our Southern California Los Angeles, North Orange County, High Desert, Central Coast and Las Vegas territory. You will coordinate with and contribute to the overall branch and company efforts to profitably grow our business. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining positive relationships with customers at the local level, executing on National Retail customer-specific projects, and completing objectives as directed by the National and Regional teams. You may also participate in training sessions in the territory. You will work with National Retail Regional Managers to support sales strategies and programs; and communicate appropriate trends and field intelligence to provide to Management to ensure customer satisfaction. If career growth is important to you, we not only know how to help you with that, it’s what we love to do: https://youtu.be/PUqzuWryYcU.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING (% of Time)
Call on existing National Retail customers at the store level by installing and maintaining appropriate marketing materials in all customer accounts, determining and securing suitable areas to cross merchandise, building and maintaining displays and POP materials. Selling, cross-merchandising, building and maintaining displays/P.O.P. materials. Develop relationships with and be the primary contact for the customer’s store level merchandising, floor associate and management teams. Responsible for planning and executing store level trainings as needed. (85%)
Coordinate with National Retail Regional Managers and other field sales personnel to ensure execution of territory projects, initiatives, and opportunities. (10%)
Other duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to, consistent CRM management and usage, scheduling, business planning, submitting expense reports in a timely manner, regular maintenance of company-owned vehicles, utilize customer performance tracking software/apps as needed, and other duties as assigned. (5%)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If you can do everything listed above, you’ve got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of related experience in retail merchandising and/or sales. National Accounts experience and/or business or marketing experience preferred.
- Customer Focus: Ability to build and sustain productive customer relationships.
- Proactivity: Ability to identify what needs to be done and take action, when situation requires it.
- Organization & Prioritization: Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously as well as quickly reallocate resources in order to respond to changing customer and team member needs.
- Speaking: Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Writing: Ability to write in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner for the intended audience.
- Attention to detail: Ability to complete all work according to procedures and standards.
- Technical: Basic carpentry skills and ability to safely use common construction tools such as, but not limited to, hammer, saw, and drill.
- Prioritization: Ability to display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Accountability & Dependability: Ability to fulfill all commitments made to peers, co-workers, and supervisor.
- Computer/Software/Technology: Ability to utilize Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer to effectively complete work.
This job requires 50% domestic travel.
WORK STATUS & LOCATION
This full-time, non-exempt position is located in Riverside, California.
Relocation is not available for this position
In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
#NowHiring #GetHired #Hiring #HiringNow