Nyhart, now part of FuturePlan by Ascensus®, is an award-winning consulting, actuarial, and administration services company. We’re dedicated to maximizing the potential of our human resources and are committed to recruiting, developing, rewarding, and retaining a workforce that delivers quality customer service to over 2,000 clients in all 50 states.
Nyhart, part of FuturePlan by Ascensus, is an award-winning firm that provides nationwide consulting, actuarial, and administrative services.
We are seeking an ambitious and business oriented Actuarial Consultant to assist in the growth and development of Nyhart’s Healthcare Actuarial team. This position serves a critical role at Nyhart, with responsibility for business development, client/prospect/partner relationships, and consulting to clients.
- New business development responsibilities with specific growth targets
- Help set business development strategies, lead marketing efforts, seek out speaking opportunities
- Relationship manager for existing and prospective partner relationships
- Help to identify and develop new business through excellent customer service, networking with other professionals, and being active in related organizations
- Serve as actuarial resource / subject matter expert to internal and external clients
- Ability to juggle multiple initiatives and projects at the same time
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or related field
- ASA required, FSA preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in post-retirement medical and/or health actuarial field
- PROVAL experience preferred
- Demonstrated track record of new business development growth
- Ability to travel, sometimes frequently
- Strong communication skills
At Ascensus, we aspire to make a difference for others. We are a technology-enabled services company that helps people save for retirement, education, and healthcare through our network of institutional, financial advisor, and state partners. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity—housed within our Core Values: People Matter. Quality First. Integrity Always.®
As a leading independent recordkeeping services partner, retirement plan third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator, we aim to hire associates who find pride in going to work every day knowing that they help more than 12 million people save for what matters.