Senior UX Content Design Strategist – Training and Learning workstream
About our Global Design Organization
Join us as we work to transform Thomson Reuters into a truly digital-first company. We aren’t just changing the way customers engage with us, we are re-imagining our business by focusing on the individual user.
We are looking for curious, smart, self-driven UX Content Design & Strategy resources who love the challenge of turning complex problems and constraints into elegant solutions that meet our users’ needs. Our team promotes an agile, collaborative, supportive environment where diverse thinking, innovative design and experimentation is welcomed and encouraged. Our work focuses on a large portfolio of transformational efforts as we work together to deliver on the promise of making it easy to do business with Thomson Reuters.
About the Role
Are you passionate about delivering the best experiences to customers? Do you know how to detangle customer journeys, realign them in a way that makes sense and advocate for customer training experiences that support great content?
As a UX Content Design Strategist within the design organization you will focus on our Training& Learning experiences, rationalizing our current content and experiences (across platforms,) forming a POV on where we should be competitively and the achievable increments that will take us there. To do this, you will partner with the training team to collaborate across our software product teams, UX research, UX design, customer success, and more to:
- Bring modern thinking, techniques, and style to auditing, analyzing and articulating the delta between current state and ideal state
- Research and communicate current trends in software learning and education that will help round out the entirety of our training offerings
- Examine democratized versus federated means of distributing training content to customers based on our current systems, platforms, resources, and skill sets
- Consider a competitive approach to Learning Management Systems for complex software, and how to simply our content offerings for self-paced, paid instructional learning models
- Depending on final POV, be able to devise, communicate and lead migration / rework / reuse strategies for current training content across written, video and other formats taking compliance and multi-audience considerations into account
- Define how we might leverage and connect to current relevant content housing systems (AEM, Salesforce, Coveo, more)
Your background will include:
- Working closely with distributed colleagues across global organizations to define and execute complex content strategies
- Fostering collaboration across multiple teams as you gather technical and product-specific information and translate that information into concise, clear requirements, areas of need, and areas for amplification
- Blending user needs with business goals to achieve the right balance within outcomes
- A strong commitment to delivering quality documentation and deliverables
- Using data and research to evaluate content’s impact (internally, externally) and to point the direction forward
- Presenting your work and articulate your point of view and approach to teammates, product owners, and other stakeholders
You are a fit for the role ofSenior UX Content Design Strategist,If you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- 5 to 7 years of professional experience in UX Content Strategy, UX Writing, UX Content Design, or equivalent
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Experience working across large, complex organizations
- Case studies you can share about similar large-scale UX Content Strategy efforts
Even better if you have:
- Experience with Figma and/or LMS systems
- Basic knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Experience working in an agile framework
- Understanding of UX design and UX writing principles
- Solid grasp of current web/mobile technologies as well as related business issues
What’s in it For You
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
Learning & Development:
- Exposure to a wide breadth of leading-edge technology
- Career growth - ability to work on multiple projects and/or with various teams
- Professional growth and development opportunity through various training programs, conferences, networking events, in-house speaker series etc.
- Access to Hackathons, Unconferences, Harvard Manage Mentor and more, we offer learning opportunities for everyone
- Health benefits
- Savings/investment plans
- Paid time off (including time off to volunteer and extended parental leave)
Flexibility: We've been named as one of Forbes, Best Companies for Work/Life Balance
Global Opportunities: We have employees in over 90 countries, working across 3 different industries
Your wellbeing: We offer a program that focuses on making our lives healthier
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Toronto-Ontario-Canada;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America;Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America