Husky is a company with a strong foundation built on innovation, close customer relationships, a strong sense of community and a unique culture and values. We are looking for people with the inspiration and talent to develop with us as we pursue our ambitious growth strategy.
Husky offers a wealth of opportunity for personal growth and development. Most importantly, Husky offers an opportunity to work with – and be challenged by – a team of great people. Our success is possible because of the creativity, intelligence and passion of our people around the world and their desire to lead change. At the same time, we are not afraid to expect a lot and strive for leadership in all of our key markets. We are a company taking on new challenges and for the right people this means exceptional career development opportunities, the chance to be part of a team that is the best in the world at what we do and the experience that comes from working in an environment that demands constant transformation and innovation.
Husky’s Canadian manufacturing facilities and global headquarters are located in Bolton, Ontario on a large, beautiful campus located just 20 minutes north of Toronto’s Pearson International Airport. Features include a fitness and wellness center, intramural sports activities, on-site cafeteria, and clean, state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities with outstanding safety records. We offer a great work environment and competitive total compensation package, including above market retirement savings plan and market competitive group benefits.
Husky is an exciting company with tremendous potential. We have a great team and great expectations. If you are attracted to bold goals, believe in uncompromising honesty, support mutual respect, care about environmental responsibility, have a passion for excellence and a desire to make a positive contribution – then we want you to join the Husky team!
Act as the primary contact and relationship manager while supporting the global strategic sourcing team to develop, prioritize, and execute “in-region” sourcing initiatives that reduce supply chain complexity, achieve material productivity targets and support the global operations with best in class supplier on-time and quality performance.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responsible for supplier on-time, delivery, cost and quality performance management within supplier portfolio
- Execute high-level spend analysis and part level cost analysis to identify trends and patterns for global reporting and communicating areas of cost savings opportunity
- Lead change management exercises that impact suppliers within portfolio in support of sourcing strategy execution.
- Act as the primary relationship manager within region and commodity portfolio
- Project Management of supplier performance improvement, cost reduction, and sourcing projects in region
- Support buyers and supplier quality engineers as the escalation point to suppliers within portfolio
- Understand the requirements of all internal customers related to the specific commodity group and support those customer with resolution of any Supply Chain related issues
- Understand supplier capabilities and capacity to secure uninterrupted and reliable supply
- Understand commodity market in the applicable region and provide regional expertise & input for definition of global sourcing strategies.
- Facilitate communication between engineering, operations, and suppliers for Supply Chain related issues and opportunities
- Support supplier quality engineer and suppliers with supplier audit process and part qualifications
- Establish & maintain procurement, inventory, IP and confidentiality agreements for existing suppliers
- Drive for results -Stays focused on the “critical few” while effectively managing day-to-day tasks. Has shown that they are capable of setting and achieving long-term goals. Self-starter, with humility that sees the problem, and seeks out the answer. Does not require constant guidance.
- Problem Solver - Demonstrated ability identifying problems, offering solutions and seeing corrective actions through to completion. Capable of working through adversity while remaining positive and seeking “Win/Win” solutions. Sees problems as opportunities for improvement, not excuses for poor results.
- Communication Skills - Capable of building and maintaining key relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders. This includes all levels of the organization. Strong negotiator, facilitator across disciplines, capable of aligning multiple stakeholders to achieve bold goals.
- Technical Aptitude – Advanced level analytical skills with a demonstrated ability utilizing data to support decisions with empirical evidence. Capable of understanding engineering documents and familiarity with various manufacturing processes.
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of tools, specifically Excel for data analysis
- Ability to forge relationships both internally within Husky and externally with suppliers
- Technical understanding of manufacturing processes an asset
- Analytical acumen
- Understanding of “total cost” concepts
- Understand lean manufacturing principles; experience with process mapping
- Comfort level traveling to assess and evaluate potential new suppliers, technologies, products
- Prior negotiation experiences an asset but not mandatory
Husky Injection Molding Systems offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and respect, value and welcome diversity in our workplace. Husky also values being a great place to work and strives to maintain a safe workplace. Accordingly, Husky conditions all offers of employment on satisfactory completion of background checks.
Husky is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise the member of the Talent Acquisition team in a timely fashion of any disabilities that requires accomodation measures in order to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Information received relating to accomodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
No agency or telephone inquiries please.