The Nationwide Guard Services TRAINING MANAGER will provide expertise in the development, delivery, and maintenance of a field training curriculum for all field officers. This includes developing and updating SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) for new and existing client sites, developing new hire and onboarding materials, conducting interviews as needed, and oversight of officer training requirements set forth by client and local, state, and federal agencies.
Responsibilities include, however are not limited to, the following:
- Develops and updates SOP (standard operating procedures) for new and existing client sites
- Conducts annual portfolio training, refresher and specialized trainings to meet annual deliverable requirements
- Develops new hire training and onboarding materials
- Works closely with management, supervision, and site leads to ensure continued training needs are met
- Under the direction of management, this position assists with the coordination of all aspects (technical and managerial) of executing the security contract at the assigned location.
- Assigns work tasks to Security Professionals and directs their work throughout the day
- Responsible for making sure that Post Order manuals and all other post and training information is being properly maintained and updated, and that the Post is being properly maintained, cleaned and organized
- Assists management in conducting interviews and evaluating new employees.
- Responsible for conducting on-the-job training, in coordination with Supervisors, of new employees assigned to post, or when changes to post orders are made. This may include orientation to the post, review of post orders, routine responsibilities, and how to respond to emergency situations or specific client needs
- Oversees all reports, logs and pass downs generated by and for Management.
- Distributes communications and other information to Security Professionals at post as directed
- Responds to client or site emergencies as they arise, including ensuring appropriate communication to Account Manager, Field Supervisor, Branch Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining positive client/security relationships through frequent tenant/client contact and support
- Conducts follow up calls of all break in trainings (BITs) and/or retrainings to ensure officer compliance and success.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required. Some college education or business classes desirable
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of professional-level experience required. Prior experience in the security industry, law enforcement and/or military required. Experience in scheduling, operations or other functions of security industry a plus
- Must possess a valid state Guard License, or have applied and subsequently be issued such a license prior to employment. As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test. Additionally, as a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of Guard License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty;
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines. Demonstration of strong customer service orientation required, with ability to effectively resolve client issues in a professional and service-focused manner and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant required
- Ability to write effective and concise reports in neat, legible handwriting is required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and email is required
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion
- Ability to train and coach others, and to effectively enforce post orders, security standards and company policies equitably and consistently
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required
- Incumbent must be available to work outside normal shift schedule on an as-needed basis, and must be accessible by phone 24/7 for emergency response.
- Direct Deposit
- Weekly Pay
- Paid Sick Leave*401(k)
- Employee Recognition Awards with bonus
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Legal ShieldEOE/Vets/Disabilities