Patent Attorney (Software, Electrical Engineering)
Kim IP, a New Jersey based intellectual property law firm, is seeking a mid-level to senior/partner level patent attorney with a background in computer software or electrical engineering to join our practice.
Qualified candidates must have at least 4 years experience drafting and prosecuting software applications, managing IP portfolios, counseling clients, performing patentability and clearance opinions, experience with domestic and international prosecution, and PCT practice. Experience handling mechanical technologies, licensing and litigation a plus.
We are seeking highly qualified candidates with excellent academic credentials, communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with a variety of technologies.
- JD, State Bar, USPTO Bar with a strong academic background.
- A least 5 years of full-time patent drafting and prosecution experience with a major law firm or IP law firm.
- Significant experience with client counseling, patent drafting, U.S. patent prosecution, foreign patent prosecution, and opinion work (including patentability, clearance and freedom to operate).
- Experience with IP/patent litigation and licensing a plus.
Portable book of business a significant plus, but not necessary.
This is a unique opportunity to join an established and growing practice based in New Jersey. We offer a platform for attorneys to grow their practice and the flexibility to practice how they prefer. The position is a full-time position based in our NJ office, but open to full or part-time and/or remote for the right candidate.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit resume with cover letter in confidence for immediate consideration.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $50.00 - $100.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Bar (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
Work Location: Multiple Locations