As the industry leader in water technology, we’re growing and need talented people like you to help us continue to protect the world’s most vital resource.
Nalco Water, an Ecolab Company, seeks a Business Development Manager to join its industry leading sales team. You’ll be responsible for developing and expanding new accounts in the Food and Beverage industry. Through outstanding presentation skills and style, you’ll help our customers be more profitable by saving water, energy and waste.
Location: East Central Unites States
What’s in it For You:
- You’ll join a growth company offering a competitive base salary, bonus structure and benefits
- A company vehicle and cell phone
- A long term, advancing career path in service, sales or management
- Access to the industry’s most innovative training programs
- Support from a dedicated technical service team
- A culture that values safety first, including training and personal protection
- Pride in working for a company that provides clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
What You Will Do:
- Drive new customer acquisition
- Manage significant deal volume and target account pipelines
- Develop and execute strategic sales plans, targeting prioritized opportunities
- Respond to inbound lead generation, leverage sales experience and skills to close new accounts
- Leverage knowledge of industry and sales experience to establish credibility with current and prospective customers
- Provide timely and accurate sales forecasts to inform management's strategic decision-making, and to reflect appropriate management of the territory and sales pipeline
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to win new business
- Transition customers to account management team responsible for post-sales support
- This position is based in Tennessee/Eastern AK/Northern AL/GA area
- Targeted accounts are within the Food & Beverage industries
- 50% overnight travel required
As a trusted partner, your customers will rely on you for their success. Nalco Water is committed to seeing you succeed and provides innovative training programs to ensure you’re prepared to solve any customer problem.
Training programs are held in the field and at Nalco Water Headquarters in Naperville, IL; travel is arranged and paid for by Nalco Water. Based on your skill level and experience, topics covered may include technology, product, service, business and industry acumen, direct coaching and mentoring, sales management and leadership, classroom training and certifications.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 6+ years successful technical sales or outside sales experience utilizing a consultative sales approach
- Prior experience working in or familiarity with industrial environments
- No Immigration Sponsorship available for this opportunity
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (chemical, mechanical, industrial) or life sciences (biology, chemistry, etc.)
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems o
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.