WHY KTM NORTH AMERICA?
Join a team with more than 300 world championship titles throughout the history of the company. Here at KTM North America, Inc., we do things differently. We emphasize and value quality, performance, and innovation. These differences have made us the most successful motorcycle brand on the market. KTM North America, Inc. is a house of brands, focusing on being the leading European powered two-wheeler company.
Our brands include KTM, Husqvarna Motorcycles, GASGAS, and WP Suspension. KTM North America, Inc. also oversees the branded race teams and a creative and design agency, KISKA, Inc. Together, our vision is to offer high-performance vehicles that never compromise quality and are always made from the highest quality components.
Make your passion your profession! We want employees who will live out our philosophy: have passion and performance in everything you do. We help channel that enthusiasm into your career. Not everyone will be passionate about motorcycles, but once you step through our doors and meet our team, you will be. We achieve our goals when you reach your full potential.
That is why we create a hands-on environment where questions, opportunities, and teamwork are encouraged. These are essential components behind the success story that is “Made in Austria.” Just like racing, our products demand hard work and motivation. Our success is proof of this.
Under general supervision, the Sales Support Technician is responsible for providing a high level of product technical assistance in support of our customers, media events, and program activations for WP North America. The Sales Support Technician works at the direction of the Business Development Manager to ensure that the Company products and services are being presented at a high level of professionalism, knowledge, and support for maximum customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proficiently disassemble and reassemble motorcycle suspension components.
- Prepare and support product for tests with media department.
- Prepare and support product for Authorized Centers fitment and product orientations.
- Provide support to Customer Service for suspension topics.
- Conduct and assist in new product technical training.
- Prepare technical aids and resources as needed.
- Provide suspension setup and preparation support for Ride Orange Demo program.
- Prepare demo suspension service, setup and parts usage reports.
- Proficiently remove and install suspension components and provide general maintenance and service work on motorcycles.
- Prepare product and assist marketing department in creation of Company media content.
- Travel to media and Authorized Center events for product support. Including preparing material and sprinter for such events.
- Meets with Sales Manager on a regular basis for guidance, status updates, and future planning.
- Maintains work area and tools in a clean and appropriate manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Generally requires a minimum of four (4) years of experience in motorcycle service or equivalent training certification. Advanced knowledge of motorcycle suspension, history and trends preferred along with familiarity of KTM motorcycles and related products. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
High School diploma required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong mechanical aptitude and skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of industry related suspension products/trends and business development.
- Knowledge of company products, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment.
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy; must be a team player.
- Analytical abilities.
- Understands and communicates best practices.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with proficiency and follow company riding policies.
- Valid vehicle operator license and motorcycle license.
- Professional and confident.
- Flexibility to switch gears with little notice.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative, exercise patience, be dedicated and goal oriented.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms.
Ability to lift up to 100 pounds < 5% daily
Able to sit at a desk and use/view computer - 60% daily
Able to hear and speak into a telephone - 60% daily
Able to walk, stand, bend, stoop, twist - 90% daily
Ability to ride a motorcycle < 10%
REQUIRED PREHIRE SCREENINGS:
- Criminal - Felony and Misdemeanor 7 Years
- National Criminal Data Base 7 Years
- Social Security Verification
- Driving Record
- NDOT Drug Screen
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $26.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Suspension Tech: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location