**Applicants MUST supply brief cover sheet explaining why you believe you're the right one for this position! Any applications received without cover letter will not be considered!**
Social Media Coordinator
CountryMax is committed to the “real lives” of our customers. For many, that includes being active in social media – posting pictures of pets, sharing tips about gardening, videos of wild birds and much more. To stay top of mind with customers, we need to be online, too.
The CountryMax Social Media Coordinator will manage our social media accounts by implementing strategies and tactics that grow our followers, engage and retain them and help convert them into leads, customers, active fans and promoters of our company.
You should strive to learn and maintain a command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, primarily on Facebook and Instagram, but also on LinkedIn, Twitter and channels such as Pinterest or TikTok that may become more relevant to our audience.
- Create shareable content that’s appropriate for specific networks and aligned to marketing campaigns/messaging.
- Work as part of marketing team to help create and distribute CountryMax branded content that educates and entertains our audience and supports our marketing goals. o Ensure consistent, unified brand look and voice for social media content. o Help establish social media guidelines within the overarching CountryMax
Brand Guide. o Create and maintain monthly calendars of timely social media outreach, with built-in flexibility for “pop-up” messaging opportunities.
- Help create, refine and adhere to an approval process for content creation and distribution.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences. Forward to appropriate team members or Subject
Matter Experts within CountryMax as needed.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success
(e.g., FB Contests and giveaways, etc.).
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social media platforms and leverage existing social networks to reach our target audience, including outreach for cross-linking.
- Work with team to define most important social media KPIs.
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on social media KPIs
- Work with team to research social media software to monitor and manage social media conversations and deploy campaigns. o Some possible options include Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Hubspot and
- Maintain our Google listing pages – hours and locations, etc.
- Be prepared for some evening and weekend responsibilities. Social Media can be a 24/7 task. The goal is to use available tools and scheduling to perform the job during the work week, yet some after-hours monitoring and responsiveness may be inevitable.
- Be a team player beyond the social media coordinator role. We wear a lot of hats at CountryMax. Based on your skill set and workload, you may be asked to: o Design traditional communications pieces – email, signage, digital ads, web pages, direct mail, etc. o Help decorate stores or specific display areas o Brainstorm new promotions o Photograph store events o Represent CountryMax at community events o Maintain statistics for the purposes of YOY comparisons, development of case studies and budgetary decision-making
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network and their best practices
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions
- Affinity for pets and/or other categories of CountryMax store offerings – lawn & garden, barn & stable, wild bird, etc.
- Bonus experience and skills include Adobe Creative Suite, photography skills, inbound marketing knowledge and blogging
- Position reports to the Creative Director with dotted-line reporting to the Lead
Designer, Marketing Director and the Director of Sales.
Opportunities for Growth:
- The Social Media Coordinator role is an early-career position with room for growth within the marketing team and beyond. o Relevant online and in-person training are available and encouraged. o Long-term opportunities include growth into project management, digital marketing management, creative development and more.
Applicants MUST supply brief cover sheet explaining why you believe you're the right one for this position! Any applications received without cover letter will not be considered!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Social Media Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location