National Merchants Association is America's only business advocacy group working for small and midsize business owners to eliminate the unnecessary and unreasonable fees that some credit card processors charge. National Merchants Association is nationally recognized for its ingenuity and reputation as a leader in the electronic payments industry.
The work environment at National Merchants Association is built around the belief of growth beyond boundaries. As an employee, you'll understand how your work fits into the whole. You'll feel good about coming to work; about the contributions you make to our clients, fellow employees and the company. We believe in helping employees do more with more… More open communication. More teamwork. More challenges.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for prospecting, presenting, and partnering with Independent Sales Organizations, Independent Sales Agents, Independent Merchants, and Strategic / Referral Partners. The BDR will present effective and efficient analyses, value added programs, and other various programs that benefit merchants, to create symbiotic long-lasting partnerships.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions._
- Generating weekly and monthly sales to meet quotas
- Preparing individual presentations tailored to each agent or merchant
- Use in-house CRM to create cost benefit analyses
- Effectively demonstrate and and sell the company's overall product offerings and solutions
- Develop, propose, execute, audit, optimize and report on business development goals: new prospects, interactions, lead stages, signed partners, unrestricted/restricted volume, and other metrics as necessary
- Identify decision makers within targeted leads to effectively complete the sales process
- Conduct outbound communications to existing clients and potential clients via telephone, video chat, and email to maintain and grow partnerships
- Meet and or exceed monthly sales quotas
Required Education and Experience
- 2+ Years in Business-Business/Outside or Indirect Sales
- Preferred, not required experience in banking industry, merchants services, payments, or similar financial industries
- 5 Years Sales Experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred not required
- High School Diploma
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Office is located in Summerlin, NV.
The BDR will travel 20%-50% based on company needs. Travel includes: local and nationwide for conferences, meetings and events based around the business needs. **TBD when travel reopens and conferences resume around the country.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is the policy of National Merchants Association to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and/or expression, national origin or citizenship, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, and compensation. In addition, National Merchants Association will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities._
Job Type: Full-time