Work Mode: Remote
Location: Montreal, Canada or Ottwawa, Canada
Responsible for achieving sales and profit objectives in all plumbing categories at Lowe’s with volume in excess of $30MM. This person will report directly to Sales Manager – Retail with dotted line reporting to Director – Lowe’s, and will develop strong relationships with Lowe’s leadership, merchant teams and other key decision makers. The Account Manager position and range is reserved for individuals who have demonstrated significant mastery of the Account Manager role. This role requires a minimum of 3-5 years of Account Manager and Sales experience with Kohler Company, with two or more years of driving sales growth which is more than double that of the industry (minimum 10% annual growth for two or more consecutive years). This individual will also lead and drive engagement with internal partners in Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain, Customer Service, E-Commerce etc.
Meet or exceed sales plan for all plumbing categories at Lowe’s.
- Meet or exceed profitability plan for both Lowe’s.
- Develop and leverage a comprehensive understanding of the market dynamics in each category (product, pricing, competitive, promotional, placement, etc) to inform business decisions.
- Partner with Marketing and Lowe’s merchants to create winning strategic and tactical plans with respect to product, pricing, promotions and placement.
- Collaborate with Marketing to drive 3-5 year plans for each category to establish and maintain a competitive advantage vs. competition.
- Lead the development and presentation of all proposals within Product Line Reviews, Business Reviews and Rapid Business Reviews.
- Own the technical aspects of assortment management and planogramming through Lowe’s tools and colleagues.
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain Account Manager to create and maintain an accurate product forecast for each category at the SKU level.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing Analysts to identify and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) within each category.
- Communicate with the leader of the field sales team any pertinent category objectives and initiatives to ensure effective and timely execution.
- Develop strong relationship with Merchants and all other key decision makers within the Lowe’s organization.
- Ultimately owns the rollout of new products and any resets within the categories including proposal, SKU setup, order placement, order fulfillment, in-store execution, POP/merchandising, and post-set performance.
- Assist Marketing in building accurate pro-formas and budgets related to category initiatives.
- Support the Sales Manager – Retail in providing leadership to the Kohler retail sales organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of ten years of sales experience, with 3-5 years of Kohler Company Account Manager experience.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a comprehensive benefits package including a competitive salary, extended health, vision, dental, deferred profit-sharing pension (DPSP) and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities.