PRODUCT ENGINEER II - *** 85k - 110K***
Monday, July 19, 2021
- Utilizes LEAP (LISI Excellence Achievement Program) tools and other continuous improvement tools and methods to provide timely technical and other support within their assigned UAP to ensure timely resolution to all UAP matters.
- Utilizes LISA (LISI innovation standard approach) methodology (design phased-gate approach to project management). Responsible for the successful project management from the design phase, through the hand-off (and support) to industrialization.
- Participates in PSM2 meetings and collaborates with other team members within their assigned UAP to ensure timely response and resolution to the needs of the Plant.
- Leads the comprehensive review of customer drawings and specifications. Analyzes new and changing customer requirements. Ensures equivalent COI parts meet customer drawing/specification requirements. Designs or modifies products for customers to utilize in new applications.
- Prepares and maintains sales and manufacturing drawings; may prepare tooling drawings, overlays, drawings for test fixtures and equipment. Prepares and updates Process Control Requirements; PCD’s.
- Develops test plans and conducts qualification testing of new products and special testing of existing products. Produces test reports and product specifications.
- Provides technical support on assigned fastener products and support for industrialization of new and existing products.
- Interfaces with Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, Test Lab, Suppliers and the customer to coordinate and communicate engineering requirements.
- Interfaces with Sales Department in creation and revision of company sales publications. Provides support in adding and updating Item Master codification/engineering ERP records.
- Investigates manufacturing problems and recommends solutions.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Continuously look for and review applicable emerging technologies related to existing and new product development and in parallel with core competencies and manufacturing techniques.
- Identifies opportunities for product improvements and cost out through evaluation of manufacturing practices, assembly methods and identifying material cost reductions.
- Utilizes engineering applications to develop product improvements.
- Performs root cause analysis on defective products using engineering principles and knowledge of manufacturing processes. Determine root cause using statistical methods (e.g., Design of Experiments (DOE), SPC ).
- Modifies existing products to resolve quality problems, and coordinates activities of multiple disciplines to implement a solution.
- Modifies existing products and creates new products for new applications. Utilizes knowledge of systems and works directly with Engineering/Compliance Team to determine product performance requirements.
- Represents team members of product development projects, and justifies monetary resources and personnel to attain project goals.
- Defines product performance standards and product acceptance standards using knowledge of systems and laboratory testing equipment and procedures. Determines disposition of non-conforming material using engineering judgment and knowledge.
- Provides assistance to customer and technical services group by supplying technical support to internal and external customers.
- Provides engineering support for a product or ranges of products through all phases of the product development, process specifications, work instructions and release to manufacturing process.
- Participates in the development of innovative approaches of manufacturing equipment and fixtures for new product configurations.
- Supports Engineering Team with prototype products for internal and external evaluations.
- Continually exemplifies and is an advocate of LISI Aerospace’s Vision, Mission, and Guiding Principles as stated in LISI Aerospace’s Team Member Handbook.
- Champions and participates in the LEAP (LISI Excellence Achievement Program) in support of the Company’s commitment to continuous improvement in the areas of; HSE, Quality, and Production.
- Responsible for complying with the rules and regulations set forth by Federal, Local, and State government, LISI Aerospace, and HSE Procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in related discipline and 3 years or more directly related experience required and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing environment procedures, methods, metallurgy, design and documentation.
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering applications, technical reading and writing; knowledge of manufacturing.
LISI is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Job Family
PSU - Production Support
- Job Function
- Pay Type
- Travel Required
- Travel %
- Required Education
- Job Start Date
Tuesday, August 3, 2021