Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position is responsible for the timely collection of third party and private pay receivables.
Looking to fill a Patient Account Representative - Collections in the Revenue Cycle department. The ideal candidates should have the following experience:
- Experience in working commercial and government collections
- Experience working with insurance payors
- Revenue Cycle background
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Prefer three (3) years hospital business office or medical related experience
- Some knowledge of business office, patient billing, or collection/reimbursement procedures in a healthcare setting preferred
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Proficient in Microsoft office with emphasis on Excel, 10-key and math
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Reviews incoming correspondence and takes appropriate action. Responds promptly to inquiries.
- Analyzes accounts for errors, adjustments and credits, issuing corrected entries when necessary. Updates account information accordingly.
- Documents communications accurately and completely.
- Serves as a mentor and resource for less experienced staff.
- See Addendums for Job Related Specific Duties
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.