Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
Canoo's Customer Journey & Aftersales Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Manager of Strategic Partnerships. The primary responsibility of this role is to leverage data and technology to create an industry-leading ecosystem of external partnerships integrated seamlessly around the customer and their Canoo. Reporting to the Director for Data Customer Journey, the person in this role will lead scouting of partnership opportunities, onboarding of partners, negotiation of contracts, and management of ongoing partner relationships
- Maintain a strong understanding of what digital products, features, and experiences each Canoo customer persona desires to guide your prioritization of partnerships to establish
- Seek out, establish, and manage partnerships with 3rd parties that utilize deep integrations and data to bring value and convenience to Canoo customers
- Lead the ideation of new products and experiences for customers in the Canoo Ecosystem. Be able to translate those ideas into concrete requirements for execution by the technical development team
- Lead cross-functional teams, including business units, legal, IT, accounting, tax, and finance to execute partnership agreements and manage new revenue streams
- Establish and oversee reporting of metrics to monitor the performance of partnerships, such as customer satisfaction, utilization, and revenue
- Monitor and manage partner performance within the Canoo Ecosystem, ensuring the highest quality experience for Canoo customers
- Lead a direct team of up to 5 people responsible for managing partnerships within the Canoo Ecosystem spanning all touchpoints across the customer journey
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in areas such as digital products, account management, partnership development, project management, innovation, or similar role, with at least 2 years of experience at the manager level
- Strong established network of connections across relevant industries such as automotive, insurance, mobility, fleet management, finance, technology, or similar area of potential partnerships
- Passionate about customer experience, open-minded, and self-reflecting
- Enjoy working with customers: listening, reading, and answering their inquiries
- Are a strategic thinker and build relationships easily
- Have excellent communication and comprehension skills
- Are detail-oriented, highly precise, flexible, proactive, demonstrating strong critical thinking, common sense, and innovation when situations require
- Have a willingness to learn new and innovative automotive technologies
- Want to grow in an ambitious organization
- Are hard-working and want to have fun at work
- Have experience working in agile teams
- Have great organizational skills and like to multitask
- Experience in the Automotive or EV industry
- Experience with negotiating contracts and partnerships
- Experience with data compliance and legal obligations such as CCPA, GDPR, and FCRA
- Experience with data monetization
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.