With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
- Screen potential subjects.
- Performs basic medical procedures according to protocol for specified study participants, including but not limited to informed consent, vital signs, Height,/Weight/BMI measurements, meals, water fast, phlebotomy (straight stick/draw from IV catheters), finger stick blood sugar, ECGs, UA, UDS, urine collection, fecal collection, pulse oximetry, AE/ConMed assessment , obtain medical history and assists with Investigational Product accountability
- Ensures all study activities/procedures (during screening and clinical procedures) are completed on schedule and in accordance with the protocol, the FDA and the IRB requirements.
- Performs non-medical activities such as distribution of scrubs, locks, DVDs, movies, games, front desk tasks (screening centre) etc.
- Monitors subject safety.
- Reports equipment malfunctions and may assist with specified equipment maintenance and stocking of supplies.
- Performs general housekeeping duties as needed, including cleaning and making dorm beds, wiping down bedside tables, organizing subject resting and entertainment areas, cleaning screening exam rooms, etc.
- Assist with study setup activities and perform check-in and check-out activities.
- (Interacts with clients when appropriate (following proper communication path if needed) and ) perform/collect volunteer surveys
- Complete training activities required for Level I.
- Learn mentor/training activities with assigned mentor if applicable.
- Attend staff meetings, briefings, etc
- Explain and enforce / maintain subject house rules
- Warn appropriate staff in case of medical emergency
- Accurately documents all study procedures on CRF/SDs.
- Resolve data queries within 24hr period
- Read, write, and speak English; fluent in host country language required.
- 1-2 years work experience in a medical or clinical field.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- (Undergraduate) degree in a clinical, health- related area and/or minimum 1 year of equivalent work experience with similar position preferred.
- Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant, Certified Medication Aide, Telemetry Technician, Emergency Medical Technician, Laboratory Technician preferred.
- BLS/Phlebotomist Certification.
- Two years of equivalent work experience preferred
Shift - Must be available between the hours of 1900-0700 Mon-Fri and then both days every other weekend for an 8-hour shift.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.