Go-To-Market Strategy Director- Remote-(21001651)
The Go-to-Market Strategy Director is a dynamic leader in the Strategy and Business Development (SBD) organization which is a newly constructed department within our Group Benefits Business. The SBD organization delivers impactful go-to-market strategies across each of our customer segments, offerings, and channels that enable the Group business to achieve its strategic goals. SBD is also responsible for managing Guardian’s retail channel strategy, process re-engineering efforts, and the ongoing execution of large-scale transformative initiatives.
As the new Go-to-Market Strategy Director, you will play a key role in coordinating annual and multi-year strategic planning processes in close collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team. This will include defining and socializing strategic priorities, key initiatives, and multi duration measures of success. Additionally, you are accountable to the development of customer segment value propositions, technology roadmaps, and go-to-market strategies for emerging market segments. You will be responsible for ensuring cross functional alignment to enable the execution of our business plans and drive market leading top and bottom-line growth. This team will also lead business development efforts around portfolio expansion, consumer engagement capabilities, and multi-channel distribution to support inorganic growth across Group Benefits.
This strategic leader will drive business growth by operating collaboratively in a cross functional and matrixed environment, supporting a full suite of products distributed through inside sales, brokers, managing general agencies, and other opportunities requiring a strategic view and tailored approach.
Position Goals and Responsibilities:
The Go-to-Market Strategy Director will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the ongoing development, refinement, and socialization of the Group Benefits business strategy, including supporting the annual strategic planning process and preparations for regular CEO and Board of Director engagements
- Work closely with the Group Benefits leadership team to establish business wide imperatives, high priority initiatives, and measures of success
- Work and influence across market segments and functions on value proposition development, required capability identification, and investment prioritization
- Develop and maintain the business perspective on competitive, industry, and consumer trends
- Lead/support business development and strategic partnership efforts in close collaboration with Corporate Strategy to advance Group Benefit’s strategy
- Inform strategic, operational, and investment activities ensuring Guardian’s position as a market leader and enabling future value creation
- Lead the development of offering, channel, and capability go-to-market strategies across all customer segments to achieve the Group Benefits strategic and financial goals and objectives
Success in this role will require the following attributes and cultural values:
- Insightful strategic thinking
- Embedding data & analytics everywhere
- High-urgency and bias for action
- Execution orientation
- Driving change and innovation
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Proven success in designing and implementing innovative strategies to enhance the customer experience in a digital consumer- centric ecosystem
- Leadership accountability for developing and implementing overall enterprise business strategies and operational efforts including tools, technologies, training, and departmental initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to lead while adapting to changing business priorities and environments
- Strong executive presence and public speaking skills including presentation to senior leadership, as well as field stakeholders
- Ability to direct multiple key partner functions in a matrixed environment
- Consistent track record of exceptional performance, having delivered quantifiable impact on company revenue
- Strong financial and analytical acumen with business experience in a functional area
- Compelling presentation skills e.g. comfortable speaking at large group conferences and webinars
- Proven execution-oriented people leader with exceptional ability to hire and inspire teams creating high performance
- Bachelor’s degree with a financial focus such as business management, economics, finance etc. Master’s degree preferred.
- Industry certifications such as HIA, FLMA, and CLU etc. are a plus.
Position Location and Travel:
- Flexible on location to include NY, CT, PA, NJ or major metropolitan areas.
- Frequent travel to meetings, industry conferences, sales conferences, site visits etc.
Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate innovation in a secure and compliant way.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision coverage for you and your dependents with no wait period.
- Life and disability insurance.
- A great 401(k) with company match.
- Tuition assistance, paid parental leave and backup family care.
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity to develop and empower talent.
- Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best.
- Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity in all that we do.
- Social responsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer within our local communities, create educational alliances with colleges, drive a variety of initiatives in sustainability.
Guardian has been helping people protect their futures and secure their lives for 160 years. Every day, we serve approximately 29 million people through a range of insurance and financial products. We help people and their families pursue financial security and well-being in life, health, and wealth. We help companies take care of their employees. And we help people recover and thrive after unexpected loss.
From our founding in 1860, when a community of immigrants joined together to insure and protect their businesses and families, doing the right thing for our policyholders and customers has guided everything we do. Our dedication to customers has helped us remain one of the most highly rated in client satisfaction and financial strength.
And as one of the largest mutual insurance companies, we know what matters most: putting the needs of our customers first. Because everyone deserves a Guardian. Learn more about Guardian at www.GuardianLife.com.
© Copyright 2021 The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Primary Location: United States
Job: Group Insurance
Shift: Day Job
Job Type: Standard
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting: Aug 19, 2021, 2:03:24 PM