If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
As a Manager, Product Management, you will be responsible for supporting the commercialization and sustaining product activities for the valves and degasser product lines as well as supervising two additional product managers covering other product lines within the diagnostic and biotechnology space. A strong track record in product management, product life cycle management, strategic planning and working with large customers is critical to success.
A self-directed, highly motivated individual with strong business acumen as well as a technical understanding of diagnostics, next-generation sequencing, and biotechnology markets would be ideal for this position. Domestic and international travel of up to 30% is required.
The Manager, Product Management will drive sustained growth and profitability of IVD/Bio fluidics product lines. This is achieved by setting an example with your own product lines and establishing best practices and processes for your direct reports. This includes owning the global portfolio strategy and contributing to the business line strategic plan. Working with sales leadership to identify target markets and accounts to pursue. Own or coach the team to draft new product requirements for expansion in key markets. Helps to train the commercial team and develop sales tools and promotional content related to products and capability. Leads activities associated with setting the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) including, reporting, and orders forecasting.
Moreover, the Manager, Product Manager will work together with our Sales, Marketing, and Engineering teams to support the product line.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Team Management: This role will lead a team of two product managers. The right balance of coaching and leading by example is required to elevate the output of the team.
- Product Line Strategy : Develop and implement a strategic plan to drive profitable growth. Collaborate with customers, operations, sales, engineering, and market development to identify and articulate opportunities to stakeholders.
- Major Customer Support: Work directly with sales and other functional groups to support major customer efforts and negotiations.
- Product Lifecycle Management: Champion all phases (from new product through obsolescence) of the product lifecycle.
- Product Development: Define product concept through the development of customer requirement documents (CRD), product requirement documents (PRD), and product specification documents (PSD).
- Pricing Excellence: Develop and implement product pricing strategies to maximize contribution margin dollars.
- Commercial Support: Develop and deliver positioning documents, educational content, product training, sales tools, and application-specific targeting strategies to enable the sales team.
- Planning : Support monthly revenue forecasting and the development of an annual revenue plan.
- Work closely with marketing on content generation to fulfill marketing strategy campaigns.
- Generate personas, value propositions, and positioning for key areas of responsibility.
- Develop comprehensive product requirements based on voice of customer (VoC) and work cross-functionally with strategic teams to generate business cases that aid in the justification and prioritization of new products or enhancements.
- Maintain competitive intelligence and develop appropriate and timely responses for internal and external audiences.
- Experience in developing or commercializing products that serve the life sciences and/or in vitro diagnostics end market is a plus. Product categories: clinical chemistry, immunoassay, next-generation Sequencing, and PCR.
- Experience managing others required.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related product management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Willing to travel approximately 20-30% of the time (During “non-Pandemic” times).
ESSENTIAL INTERPERSONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Success in this position requires frequent communication with peers and management.
- Strong customer focus. Sense of urgency.
- Analytical thinker who is a problem solver.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to work through conflicts, gain trust and persuasively influence outcomes.
- Comfortable operating in a complex matrix-based organization.
- General office and field environment.
- Must be able to travel approximately 30% of the time globally.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).