Our focus on continuous improvement challenges our people to always think creatively and encourages them to learn from successes as well as from what didn’t work so well. We encourage our employees to get comfortable with being uncomfortable because that’s when the magic often happens. We don’t like “yes” people – we celebrate those who engage in honest discussion and debate. Every day, we strive to live and work by a long-held set of core values: the pursuit of excellence, the freedom to be curious, the courage to do the right thing, and a commitment to improving society.
Is this the right place for you? If you like what you’ve read so far there’s a good chance. There is no single type of person at Edelman. We celebrate diversity — of culture, background, experience and thought — and recognize it as a powerful driver of great work. We know we are at our very best when our teams collaborate across not only geographies, practices, and expertise, but also personal points of view.
In short, we hire people that are smart, passionate and curious, and then give them the independence and mentorship they need to flourish. Think you’ve got the chops? Read on.
The ideal candidate should have experience working with CPG, beauty, fashion, food & beverage or retail clients. A strong understanding of traditional PR, digital media, including influencers, within the Canadian landscape is required.
- Post-secondary education in a related field to public relations, marketing and communications
- 3-4 years of agency experience with marketing and integrated communications, preferably from a PR agency
- A self-starter with a solid understanding of client business, objectives and what success looks like
- Understands the earned media landscape and has existing relationships with editors/producers
- Ability to multitask and work on a variety of different client projects at the same time
- Solid foundation in client relations including understanding and assessing a client’s business needs and communication needs and meet those needs through successful program development and implementation
- Excellent communication skills and experience providing sound counsel and recommendations on how the business is operated and managed
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful communications programs
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage junior team members, while also comfortable managing up to senior stakeholders on the status of our client’s business
- Experience working in an IAT and ability to manage multiple teams to ensure we are collaborating towards one unified goal for our clients
- Ability to analyze market and audience insight research including using online services and begin to share proactive analysis and/or next steps with account teams
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com