What we’re about:
Cantina crafts innovative experiences, products, and services for a connected world. We help organizations solve complex problems and take on transformational initiatives, making them indispensable to their customers. We are consultants who specialize in project management, experience strategy, design, and engineering. We rise to the needs of our clients, finding the right solutions for their complex challenges.
We believe that creating a positive future, through change and innovation, requires a broad understanding of the human experience. Our commitment to inclusivity, equity, and openness to varied perspectives, is key to our learning, growth, and shared success.
By bringing your unique experiences to Cantina, we are building a better environment and solutions for everyone. We believe diversity makes us a stronger and more effective organization, and people of all genders, races, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, abilities, ages, marital & parental status, veteran status, countries of origin, and economic backgrounds have a place in our community.
Our expertise includes Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality, Customer Research & Insights, Experience Design, Innovation Strategy, IoT, Service Design, Blockchain, and Voice UI.
Cantina project managers are an integral part of our services team, working closely with our internal teams and clients to deliver human-centered solutions.
You put your teams in the best position to deliver exceptional work while building strong client relationships. You have developed the intuition and skills to right-size a project plan, effectively manage risks, negotiate when necessary, and motivate your teams. You are an expert communicator and can “read the room”, adjusting your style to get your message across. You have experience delivering successful projects using Agile (Scrum certification is a plus, but not a must) and can apply other methodologies (such as waterfall), processes, and tools to meet the needs of the team, client and project. You have experience with web/mobile projects and may have delivered a project for an IoT or connected product. You’re a pro at wrangling requirements, helping the team manage a backlog, and managing the financial aspects of projects.
- Establish trusted internal and client relationships, providing guidance and direction to the internal and client project team members from project initiation through completion.
- Serve as the main point of contact for projects for both the internal team and the client, leading the organization of information/documentation and communication to allow the team to focus on project activities.
- Guide the selection of a project management methodology that best suits the project’s needs; managing the process throughout the project, including refinements based on observations and feedback.
- Support requirements definition and management, facilitating input and approval from stakeholders and SMEs.
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders and product owners to create and manage product road maps, including prioritization
- Expertly manage all aspects of the project, including the project plan, road map, risks, activity planning, budget, and resources.
- Organize and facilitate meetings/scrum ceremonies, including stand-ups, demos, backlog grooming, and sprint planning.
- Report on status, including progress and risks
- Ability to present and communicate effectively with senior internal and client stakeholders
- Accountable for tracking critical financial information and overall project health, raising budget risks and potential solutions both internally and to the client.
- Important part of the account management team that works to improve profitability and revenue growth, including identifying opportunities to grow existing business
- Control and monitor project financials and put corrective actions in place to realign, if necessary.
- Assist in new business opportunities such as proposal development, estimation, and planning
- Participate in the development and growth of the project management capability
- Demonstrate the value project management adds to our engagements
- Participate in internal R&D and community activities
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
- Experience in digital project management, program management, and/or product design and development
- Understanding of design techniques and frameworks as well as technical development/deployment processes
- Ability to articulate the software development lifecycle and how you have managed projects throughout or in a particular phase
- Excellent and adaptable communication skills
- Ability to be the “calm in the storm” to guide internal and client teams through the ups & downs of projects
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills, especially in situations involving consensus and team-building with solid problem-solving skills
- Experience working with Atlassian Products (Jira, Confluence, Trello, or similar project management tools)
- Prior experience in consulting, product management, and/or business analysis is a plus
- Experience working with Mavenlink a plus
- Scrum Master certification a plus
This role reports to the SVP, Client Strategy & Engagement.
Compensation & Key Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 100% employer-paid insurance premiums for health, dental, vision, and disability
- Company-paid mobile phone plan
- Company-paid bike-share program
- Flexible work arrangements (remote/Boston office)*
- Six (6) weeks of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Vacation time accrued to twenty (20) days per year
- Cantina is currently working remotely due to COVID and anticipates having the ability to work on-site at our Boston office in the near future, while still giving our employees the option to be remote. Being able to work regular Eastern Standard Time (EST) hours and travel for occasional on-site client meetings is a must.
Cantina is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Cantina believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.na is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where all feel welcome. Below is Cantina’s statement towards supporting diversity and inclusive initiative.
Please submit your resume to [email protected]