Kinsley Power Systems is growing and seeking a Rental Sales Representative to add to our team!
The Rental Sales Representative is responsible for prospecting and closing business for rental temporary generators and associated accessories (distribution, cables, transport, fueling) and related assets (light towers/message boards).
Kinsley Power Systems, a family-owned business, has been an industry leader in generator service, sales and rentals for over 55 years. We are dedicated to exceeding our customers’ expectations in an environment that is enjoyable and rewarding.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Achieves monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals for assigned territory or assigned accounts
- Compiles and maintains an accurate list of prospective and current customer’s contacts and activities utilizing current systems (excel, CRM, GP)
- Compiles lists of prospective customers from various internal and external sources for use as sales leads; works with Marketing resources to determine qualification criteria/timing and market segment focus for lead qualification and outbound marketing projects
- Establishes a customer base within assigned territory or assigned accounts and maintains consistent communication via phone or by traveling to solicit orders and close rentals
- Work with the industrial and residential product, service & AMS teams to secure referrals and cross selling
- Quote prices, contract terms, estimated delivery timing, and credit terms
- Prepare rental agreements for orders obtained. Work with inside sales support on quotes/agreements
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation for rental emergency service calls, both within local market and throughout the company’s service territory
- Assist with prepping and loading rental units and associated equipment as needed for emergency dispatch
- Work with Director to assist with sales forecast and equipment re-rent/lost sales analysis to suggest fleet purchases by sub-market within Kinsley’s service area
- Maintains equipment status records for logistics (p/u, delivery, service/maintenance dispatch and billing).
- Establish and maintain list of re-rent suppliers (contacts & pricing) to serve immediate turnarounds and emergency response situations
- Work with customers to capture power systems needs proactively, establish and maintain EPP (Emergency Power Plan) profiles with the site contacts to ensure flawless execution of delivery and setup.
- Maintains market pricing by geography, application/size, customer type and rental duration to remain profitable and competitive with industry average time utilization
- Promotes the use of emergency preparedness intake documents on prospects and existing customers to enable rapid deployment of equipment when called upon
- Work with AP/AR to ensure timely & proper cash flows in/out of the company
- Communicate information concerning collections, estimated revenues of contracts, new contracts, pending contracts, and overall activity with accounts
- Prepares various reports and presentations as required for sales, client meetings, expenses, etc.
- Participate in conferences, tradeshows and industry associations
- Additional duties as assigned
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; plus 3-5 years related experience; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- PC literacy in a Microsoft environment, customer relations systems (CRM) experience preferred
- Ability to travel 2-3 days per week including some overnight stays where needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to cultivate strong working relationships with customers and internally across business areas
- Extensive knowledge of generator systems, automatic transfer switches, and accessories for prime power and standby applications is preferred
Note: Essential functions are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements of this position, but are not intended to be comprehensive. Ordering of essential functions does not necessarily reflect importance of item.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.