How would you like to be part of a global organization where you can connect with customers and assist them in gaining value from our product offerings? Have you always wanted to be part of a team to drive strategic sales initiatives? If your answer is yes, Hydro-Thermal Corporation has an excellent opportunity available.
Job Title: Inside Sales Representative
Reports To: Inside Sales Supervisor
Summary: The Inside Sales Representative focuses their efforts on supporting the Industry Sales Manager (ISM) by coordinating and administering customer requests together with the ISM. They are also responsible for preparing quotes for parts, service, refurbishments, entering and expediting customer orders, taking phone orders, creating tickets, and helping resolve problems with customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize information and work with internal resources to develop a complete customer proposal. Proposals must be professional, detailed, organized and logical.
- Ensure that the CRM system is utilized appropriately; all information is complete and updated regularly. Document all emails, contacts, quotes, and application details in Sales Logix.
- Collaborate with team members from all facets and departments to ensure accuracy in the quoting and order process.
- Prioritize and organize work to respond to customer inquiries within 24 hours of receipt and follow up on existing opportunities for parts, service, tickets, and refurbishments in a timely manner.
- Follow up on the status of parts, service, tickets, and refurbishment proposals and orders to ensure movement through the sales process efficiently and properly.
- Ensure that the needs of the customer and channel partners have been met, and be prepared to fill in gaps of information when needed.
- Accept orders and clarify all commercial terms, generate internal order entry forms, and acknowledge receipt of order back to customer.
- Direct customers and channel partners to the proper internal resource for sales, marketing or technical support.
- Share pertinent discoveries and opportunities with other members of the Sales Team to maximize domestic and international sales opportunities.
- Participate in customer visits and demonstrations at HTC, as needed.
- Assist the Sales Team by participating in exhibitions and conferences, as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service by developing a high level of product and process application knowledge.
- Assist with the training and development of new HTC personnel, as needed.
- Participate in all sales team meetings and functions.
- Obtain deeper level of heater application information from customers, channel partners, and ISM(s) to advance corporate marketing strategies
- Comply with all company mandates, policies and standards.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Sales.
- Minimum qualifications – High school diploma or GED
- Preferred qualifications – BA in Business Administration or Marketing.
- Between 5-7 years of experience providing customer service or inside sales support for commercial team with industrial sales experience sold direct or through representation.
- Successful achievement of increasing annual sales quotas.
- Proficiency with PC and Windows Operating system, Microsoft Office Suite and contact resource management (CRM) software, preferable SalesLogix.
- Experience with sales purchase orders and contracts including: commercial terms and conditions; letters of credit; certificates of quality and conformance; shipping documents such as bill of lading, certificate of origin, packing lists; pro-forma invoices.
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- Customer service driven.
- Motivated by challenges.
- Highly detailed and organized.
- Good telephone demeanor, effective oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Technical and mechanical aptitude.
- Enthusiastic and optimistic.
- Ability to prioritize workload in a rapidly changing environment.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Devoted and hard working to get the job done.
Travel Requirements: The position requires minimal travel. Occasional travel with ISM(s) and industry specific shows.
Language Requirements: The position requires fluency in English.