Job ID: 313521
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
The Estimator, working together with the outside sales reps, is responsible for non-transactional RFQs. They will provide the summation of all project requirements and apply prescribed pricing to develop project bids/quotes. Key to this process is analyzing drawings, technical documents, other related regulatory guidelines/information in developing an accurate proposal for the customer. Estimators will input data/information using the Titan/StackIt/AutoCad systems in developing the quotes. They will also work with other key Oldcastle Infrastructure functional areas such as production, engineering and transportation as part of the quote buildout. Estimators will exhibit organizational discipline, technical prowess and meticulous attention to detail while managing multiple RFQs.
Complete take-offs and quotes for all RFQ’s brought in by the outside sales team.
- Work with the sales team on proposal strategy, basis-of-design changes, or value engineering options on unique project requirements
- Communicate directly with customer regarding quantity verification/confirmation and quote structure
- Enter project information for quoting into Titan/AX/StackIt. Work closely with the Titan/AX/StackIt expert to ensure the products and information is accurate in the systems.
- Send quote to customer before due date, ensuring outside salesperson is copied on all correspondence.
- Work with vendors on special accessories and components that are custom to the project to prepare quotes.
- Manage bids that range in size and complexity simultaneously.
- Review and analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation with Engineering for specialty products to account for additional material and labor cost.
- Utilize prescribed price list established by the Sales Manager.
Goals and Metrics
Accuracy and timely output of RFQ’s
- Quality of drawings relative to the project and technical requirements
Working knowledge of how to read and interpret project plans and specifications schematics
- 3+ years of recent construction and/or bidding experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience a plus
- Proficient in MS Office applications and generally comfortable in learning new IT systems
- Knowledge of software’s for proposal drawings
What CRH Americas Offers You
Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.