Business Development Representative
Thursday, July 22, 2021
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain a leader in the testing services industry and have established a distinguished reputation for providing best in class results and client services.
Reports to: Business Development Manager, Eastern Canada
About the Position
The Business Development Representative will be responsible for developing new business within Mississauga (GTA) and surrounding area.
- Develop/maintain and grow target client lists for potential clients within designated area;
- Perform sales cold calls/telemarketing calls as well as follow-up calls to customers and potential customers to meet sales territory goals;
- Prepare presentations and arrange presentations/seminars for clients;
- Ability to forecast and meet goals on an annual basis;
- Prepare and provide quotations to clients as requested by existing and potential clients;
- Work very closely with Client Services Department in coordinating proposals, and work plans for projects;
- Attend and represent ALS Environmental at required trade shows and conferences;
- Participate in client appreciation events and industry seminars/conferences;
- Attend weekly sales meeting and monthly company meeting;
- Provide weekly sales call report and monthly reports to Business Development Manager in a timely basis;
- Meet required due dates, deadlines, and operate in an organized manner;
- Be available to work outside normal business hours when the situation arises;
- Be actively involved in local environmental industry related group (AWMA TAEP);
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Professional, self-motivated and flexible in working independently as well as with a team;
- Strong customer service background;
- Positive attitude and 100% commitment a must;
- High energy, dynamic and excellent presentation skills with a strong customer service focus;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- College or technical Diploma (science discipline preferred);
- Experience with customer service setting;
- Valid unrestricted license for personal vehicle use applicable in the province/territory.
- No major driving violations and no more than two minor violations/incidents.
- Frequent travel;
- Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks;
- Ability to sit at a desk and do general office work, which includes periodic sedentary responsibilities.
For further details:
· Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online no later than July 30, 2021.
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted;
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued. We therefore encourage applications from all individuals; particularly women, First Nations, people with disabilities and visible minorities.
ALS also welcomes applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Pay Type