O’Neal Steel has an opening for an Outside Sales Representative to cover the Lafayette, LA territory.
The primary function of the Outside Sales Representative is to build sales with current and new customers.
Specific duties and responsibilities of the Outside Sales Representative are as follows:
- Seek out and call on new customers which offer the greatest potential for long term, sustainable relationships.
- Provide ongoing customer service to existing customers.
- Provide sales management with updates on daily activities to include prospecting, account development, and presentations.
Develop and execute a sales program on a segment specific basis which will include:
- Acting as account coordinator for assigned accounts and business partnerships.
- Prospecting for new business in those segments of the market which offer the greatest potential for long term, sustainable relationships.
- Actively encouraging all customers to deepen their business relationship with O'Neal through parallel selling and cost saving initiatives.
- Assessing the profit potential of all accounts- existing and prospective.
- Eliminating unprofitable business and transferring account responsibility to Inside Sales for profitable but low potential business.
- Accepts responsibility for all O'Neal interaction with assigned accounts.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Successful sales professional with 3+ years of previous metal sales experience.
- Excellent communication, time management, & problem-solving skills.
- Work independently and be a self-starter.
- Proficient with computer applications and internet-based applications.
- Must be willing to travel.
Additional skills required include; interpersonal skills, motivation (energizing), negotiating (persuasiveness), versatility, organization and planning, problem solving, creativity, and tenacity.
General Requirements: Must be able to concentrate and maintain productivity in high pressure situation; must have working knowledge of O'Neal general product line; overnight travel required. Must have a valid driver’s license.
O’Neal Steel provides a competitive salary and compensation program: salary plus bonus, a vehicle allowance, company cellphone, and additional incentives.
Benefits: O'Neal offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Work site Wellness Programs
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Tuition and Health club Reimbursement
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment and Life Insurance
- Adoption Assistance
- Training and Development Opportunities
- 401k and Profit sharing
About Us: After more than 90 years in business, O'Neal Steel is now the United States' largest family-owned metals service center supplying carbon and alloy steel, stainless and aluminum products for companies nationwide. That's an important distinction because it means the family who started the company, and has guided its growth, continues to instrumental in its operation today. As a third-generation family-owned business, we remain committed to the principles of our founder – and the success of our customers.
- 3 year(s): Successful sales professional with 3+ years of previous metal sales experience.
- Bachelors or better in Business or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor???s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)