About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
The Sponsor develops, deploys, and maintains a portfolio of applications and services to enable advanced financial information queries. The Sponsor provides accurate, timely, and impactful data to better support its stakeholders. The Sponsor requires support to perform full lifecycle duration data management and conduct system administration and maintenance on the Sponsor’s stand-alone network. The Sponsor uses the Agile Scrum development methodology.
Priorities will be managed by the Sponsor’s Product Owner. In addition, the team will be interfacing directly with the Sponsor’s Product Owner.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Demonstrated experience in an Agile Scrum team environment.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning.
- Demonstrated experience working with financial data sets.
- Demonstrated experience presenting financial data to non-financial experts.
- Demonstrated experience managing IT projects.
- Demonstrated experience in data management to include registering and tracking data via data management processes.
- Demonstrated experience in data discovery and analysis within unstructured data.
- Demonstrated experience with User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) development.
- Demonstrated experience with web stack technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with software design.
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps CI/CD pipeline principles and SecDevOps best practices.
- Demonstrated experience with ElasticSearch.
- Demonstrated experience with MySQL, RDS, and Neo4j.
- Demonstrated experience with Apache Tomcat, Apache Spark, Hadoop, SOLR, JDBC, ANT, Active Directory, LDAP, Regex, SQL, and JSON.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux CentOS, GitHub, Jenkins, and DevOps process.
- Demonstrated experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Demonstrated experience with requirements analysis.
- Demonstrated experience with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Demonstrated experience using Agile Scrum development methodology.
- Demonstrated experience using issue tracking applications such as Jira (preferred) or similar.
- Demonstrated experience using team collaboration tools such as Confluence (preferred) or similar.
- Demonstrated experience using Assessment and Authorization (A&A) framework.
- Demonstrated experience tracking product licenses use within a Stand-Alone network.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing technical solutions within Stand-Alone network.
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Demonstrated experience understanding data backup schemes such as hot, cold, and incremental.
- Demonstrated experience using relational database structures such as tables, rows, and columns.
- Demonstrated experience in forensics accounting.
- Demonstrated experience with testing tools such as Selenium.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- AWS Certified Developer
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Financial Crimes Specialist (CFCS)
- DevOps Certification
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst BCBS which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Semi-Annual bonuses for hours worked "over standard".
- Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.