Johnson & Johnson Consumer, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Demand Planner. This role is based in Markham, Ontario.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
The Senior Demand Planner works closely with the Demand Planning Lead, Supply, Marketing, and Sales to develop Consensus Forecasts for New and Existing products. They manage the SKU shipment forecast development in order to meet Brand and Supply objectives and attain MAPE & Bias targets for forecast accuracy.
- Own the development of Shipment Forecast at SKU, Brand and certain key Customers level (i.e., Costco) in their assigned Franchise.
- Own Demand Review process with cross functional team, New Product forecasting, Prepack, Special pack and Club packs forecasting within their Franchise.
- Responsible for Business Planning Process regarding SKU Mix and Monthly Phasing for their franchise line of sight including building block consolidation and changes to business plan.
- Challenge statistical methodology (trending, growth, seasonality, cycles) for their franchise line of sight
- Provide direction on identification of impactful events (customer drivers, marketing drivers etc.)
- Ensure completeness and exactness of events inputs and their relative impact on the forecast.
- Integrate customer specific major impacts on key brands.
- Challenge business assumptions and track changes to business plan assumptions.
- Performs appropriate Statistical Analysis using shipment, consumption, and other sources of data and ensure system is always aligned with the business plan.
- Leads monthly forecasting meeting(s) and prepares supporting content in a timely manner.
- Establishes collaborative relationships with Sales, Marketing, Supply Planning, Finance, Trade Customization, and Sales Strategy
- Helps build New Product Forecast Models using business-based assumptions and works closely with Squad team members to devise, prepare, and establish New Product Forecasts
- Assists in preparing appropriate cannibalization assumptions
- Works closely with Trade Customization and squad team members to prepare Special Pack/Pre-Pack forecasts, and generate appropriate cannibalization assumptions
- Plays support and facilitator role in the overall Demand Review Process
- Provides System Support around forecasting setup, maintenance, and general product hierarchy and makes recommendations for improvements
- Uses Sales and Customer insights and data to inform the forecast
- Helps define, prepare and publish key metrics reports to others within the department and across other departments
- Manages process & system improvement projects
- Department Data Lead for functional and master data for Demand Planning
- Supports Vulnerability Management & Communication
- Supports Slow Moving & Obsolete Inventory Management Process
- Troubleshoots System & Reporting Issues
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Management Science, Mathematics or Statistics, a MBA is an asset
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a supply chain, sales operations/category management or logistics and/or analytics function
- Experience in forecasting and demand planning in fast-moving consumer packaged goods
- Superior team player who keeps calm in challenging situations
- Strong analytical, systems and numeracy skills with capability to master complexity
- Demonstrates continuous improvement, problem solving and change management practices
- Ability to effectively influence across levels and functions with a strong customer focus (both internally and externally)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel as well as Business Warehouse reporting tools (e.g. Cognos, SAP BW, SAP BI HANA, Tableau, AC Nielson, Retail Link)
- Experience and proficiency of SAP and APO or other forecasting software
- IBF, APICS and/or Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is an asset
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Canada-Ontario-Markham-88 McNabb Street
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)