Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us.
TDBG Canadian Retail Model Development (RMD) is responsible for the development of expected loss models, which is measuring credit risk in all TDBG retail credit products; and retail scoring models (i.e. scorecard models). These models cover the whole credit life cycle of the customer with the bank.
For expected loss models, it entails developing, implementing, and monitoring account-level retail credit risk rating, and parameter models (PD, EAD, and LGD); using these risk ratings and parameters to estimate and report the Risk-Weighted Assets (RWA) as required under the Basel II Retail Advanced Internal-Ratings Based (AIRB) approach, and the minimum regulatory capital and economic capital that the Bank needs to allocate against the credit risk in its retail product portfolios; and estimating allowance for expected credit losses for performing and impaired assets.
For scorecard models, which are used extensively within Retail Risk Management strategies, including credit adjudication, account management, early stage and late stage collection strategies, it entails developing, implementing and monitoring account level scorecard models as well as analytical tools (prototyping as necessary) for retail credit products by leveraging state of arts predictive/analytical methodologies, such as machine learning (ML) algorithms.
In this position, the individual will be responsible for the development, initial validation and documentation of scorecard models for the retail credit portfolios, as well as supporting all stages of model validation, audit and implementation. Using sound knowledge in scorecard models as well as advanced statistical tools, such as machine learning algorithms, to deliver innovative solutions for our stakeholders and add value in effective risk management process. This will entail extensive and deep interactions with TDBG Model Validation and Model Risk Management, TDBG retail risk management team, layer 6 and technology team to support model review and approval process and ensure model compliance with TDBG Model Risk Policy.
The position will work closely with and actively support TD Retail Risk Management, as well as retail credit product areas by providing extensive analysis of credit risk drivers for the respective product portfolios. This will include discussing with the retail credit product, finance, and risk management areas key observations and conclusions derived from the data analysis, modelling, and assisting in their use to manage product portfolio risk and profitability.
In this position, the individual will use leading-edge technologies and develop innovative solutions in the following areas:
- Data mining – making sense of some very large databases of credit risk related historical data by leveraging state of art statistical technics, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms
- Predictive credit risk modelling based on rigorous statistical analysis of historical data that will assist our key business partners achieve growth and profitability targets while maintaining acceptable levels of risk within our lending portfolios
- Assist in the validation and assessment of internally and third party developed predictive models, includes data extraction, data analysis, assisting in methodology development and documentation
- To develop and maintain expertise with lending, credit scoring, behavior scoring, portfolio management and industry trends
- To provide decision support, analytical, and statistical service through modeling and segmentation to help Lending BUs achieve business objectives.
This position provides excellent learning, working and career opportunities in a highly professional and motivated team environment, and exposure to a variety of high-paced and intensive modeling projects and to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Experience/Qualifications/Competencies: This position requires a combination of dedication, extremely hard work, and attention to detail, on one hand, and quick learning, creativity, and non-standard thinking; on the other hand. It also requires ability to work as a team, project management, communication, and presentation skills.
In terms of technical skills and experience, this position requires sound mathematical, statistical, computer science and computational mathematics background.
A successful candidate is expected to have:
- 2+ years of relevant working experience
- Sound knowledge in industry best practices in predictive modelling, including machine learning algorithms
- A university degree in quantitative discipline (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer mathematics, Econometrics, Operations Research); An advanced degree is an asset
- Proficiency in programing using statistical analysis tools, such as SAS, Python/R, Scala, Spark etc., in the context of data manipulation, data mining, statistical analysis, and predictive modelling;
- Proved to be a quick learner, strong problem-solving skills, ability to independently identify and solve problems in an effective and timely manner;
- Strong project management skills, ability to successfully work with multiple stakeholders to achieve the project’s objectives;
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral), ability to effectively present technical, business, and project management subjects to multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge in retail credit product an asset
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Category - Primary