Company DescriptionUvaro helps people realize their true potential. We blend training, technology, and work experience into a single career accelerator for sales.
We’re on a mission to help the world’s professionals lead more fulfilling careers - from their first job to their last. At Uvaro, we’ve created a better way to help everyday people launch and grow successful and rewarding careers in tech.
We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for an experienced Graphics Designer to help us realize our vision.
That’s where you come in! If you are looking to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment that delivers life-changing impact every day, then we should talk. The Graphics Designer is responsible for all customer-facing assets from web design, landing pages, ad creative and components, social media content, email assets, sales collateral, pitch decks, and more. This dynamic position requires the successful candidate to have experience working with marketing teams and has a results/data-driven mindset. Taking campaign data and translating those learnings into beautiful and cohesive design assets will play a key impact on how our customers perceive and interact with our brand.
If you are a dedicated problem-solver and are ready to make a huge impact in a growing company, we would love to hear from you!
In this role you’ll:
- Develop and implement design assets for the company
- Maintain and organize our design assets so that they are easily accessible and shareable across our company where appropriate
- Proactively develop and evolve our brand under the supervision and collaboration with the Design and Content Manager
- Work in various mixed-media types such as digital, social, video, web, and email based collaterals
- Present design proposals and documentation so that others can easily understand and modify them as needed
- Translate web design fundamentals and user experience best practices into compelling creative
In the first six months you’ll:
- Design compelling new creative to be used on our website and in social media.
- Enhance the design of our digital ads seen by millions of people.
- Develop our brand standards in collaboration with your colleagues in Marketing.
- Develop the design language of our product ecosystem as new products and features become available to the public.
- Set the standard of excellence in creating impactful and emotive designs that set us apart from our competitors.
What we’re looking for:
Don’t worry if you don’t have all the qualifications listed below - we are particularly interested in someone who adapts quickly to change and learns quickly, so if you don’t meet some of the criteria below but think you’re up for the challenge, please still reach out - we’d love to talk to you!
- A self-starter who can work independently and in the best interests of the company with minimal direction
- Someone who can work under tight deadlines
- Able to translate design concepts into various different assets from web-page designs to social media posts
- Data-driven and values translating analytics and heat mapping data into useable creative to improve our campaign performances
- Creative in their mindset when it comes to campaign creation and implementation
- Comfortable working within Adobe Creative Suite and Canva as well as other tools such as Figma, Sketch and/or other relevant design and wireframing/markup tools
- Able to manage multiple priorities and maintain maximum efficiency at scale
- Able to build and communicate brands and assets through eye-catching, cohesive designs that resonates with Uvaro’s core audience
- 3+ years experience in graphics design - B2C experience considered a strong asset
- 2+ years of marketing and branding design experience, including ads, landing pages, emails, persona development, brand guidelines, etc. Evidence will be requested in your portfolio
- Is able to comfortably work within Adobe CS suite, Canva, Figma, and other wireframe and/or other collaborative design/prototyping tools
- Knowledge of asset production workflows and design standards across ad platforms, emails, marketing tools, and landing pages
- Evidence of a strong ability to address customer pain points and highlight product benefits in order to optimize conversion rates using various visual techniques
- Is an independent problem-solver who requires little guidance, identifies problems, and takes design projects from concept to final production
- Is able to clearly and effectively communicate design concepts through visual, written, and oral formats so that teammates can effectively collaborate
- Has a strong drive to present and accept feedback from customers and coworkers in an egoless and constructive manner and advocate for effective design
What We’re Offering
- Competitive compensation, health benefits, and equity
- Flex work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- A remote-first work environment, and the opportunity to work with a close-knit, international team
- The opportunity to get in early at a promising startup in the emerging field of tech-enabled education
- A dedicated team with a values-driven culture, with a proven history of investing in individual growth and career development.
- An unprecedented opportunity to grow your network by placing employees at virtually every high-growth tech company in North America
If this opportunity excites you, and you believe you’re the right fit, we want to hear from you!
At Uvaro, we understand the value of having a diverse and inclusive team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.