The Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for executing sales and distribution of landscape supplies to commercial and residential contractors. Providing high-quality products and excellent customer service.
- Prepare sales action plans and strategies
- Schedule sales activity
- Maintain customer database
- Maintain sales and promotional materials
- Make sales calls to new and existing customers
- May participate in cold calling
- Maintain sales activity records and prepare sales reports
- Ensure customer service satisfaction and good customer relationships
- Follow up on sales activity
- Conduct market research
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWDLEGE REQUIRED:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and challenges the status quo.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves company resources.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds company values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports company's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands company's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2 plus years of inside and outside sales experience.
- 2 plus years of retail sales experience.
- Experience working with sales volume greater than $500,000.
- Ability to translate technical jargon to the average customer.
- Must have clean MVR
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require:
- The physical ability to walk, sit, climb and balance, and climb permanent and temporary stairs.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, sit, talk and hear, and stand.
- Ability to drive company vehicle
JOB DESCRIPTION RECEIPT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I acknowledge and understand that:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
- It is understood that I will be required to meet the expectations outlined above within work hours that comply with all Wage and Hour Federal and State laws and Company policy.
- The job description provides a general summary of the position, that the contents of this job description are job requirements, and, at this time, I know of no limitations which would prevent me from performing these functions with or without accommodation.
- I further understand that it is my responsibility to inform my supervisor at any time that I am unable to perform these functions.
- Job duties, tasks, work hours and work requirements may be changed at any time.
- Acceptable job performance includes completion of the job responsibilities as well as compliance with the policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the company.
- I have read and understand this job description.
Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind, and that my employment is at-will.
We offer an extensive and competitive benefit plan for all our employees as we value their time and commitment to Pioneer. Our benefits include:
Generous 401k match up to 4%
Company paid Short Term Disability
Company paid Life Insurance Plan
HSA plan with a company match
Voluntary Life Insurance for Employee and Family
Voluntary Long-Term Disability
Critical Illness Coverage
Starting pay is $18.00 an hour/based on experience
****This position is also bonus eligible****