Senior Public Sector Account Executive
Would you like to own driving the revenue for a leader in IT managed services, software development, cloud computing, and project management with state of California and local government customers? Do you have the business acumen, relationships, State of California government sales experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish Direct Technology as a leader in IT services? The Government Solutions division offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you'll be at the center of our innovation and growth.
As a Senior Public Sector Account Executive, you will have the opportunity to help drive the adoption and growth of emerging technologies, managed services, and PMO capabilities targeting State of California public sector clients. More importantly, you'll help State of California government customers transform their IT services and significantly improve the citizen experience. Your responsibilities will include developing and managing a growing customer base. You will deepen business and technical relationships and launch new customer services by helping to define, identify and pursue key opportunities. This includes determining the most effective go-to-market strategies and collaborating with in-house IT experts, Architects, Partners, Marketing, and Executive leadership.
You will establish business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the customer's goals and environment. You will have day-to-day interactions with customers and our eco-system of partners that support these customers. The ideal candidate would bring an established book of business and will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the Executive level as well as with software developers and IT architects. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about government priorities and technical challenges and to convey compelling technical solutions to them. Finally, you must possess a strong understanding of State of California government procurement processes.
In this role, you will:
- Drive revenue and market share.
- Serve as a key member of the Government Solutions team, helping to advance our market and technical strategy.
- Articulate and implement strategic territory and account plans aligned with Government Solutions strategic direction. (Develop effective and specific account plans to ensure revenue target delivery and sustainable growth)
- Understand the technical considerations, certifications, and procurement processes specific to the State of California public sector.
- Identify specific prospects/partners/channels to approach while communicating a relevant value proposition for you customer.
- Understand the technical requirements of your customers and work closely with their IT development team(s) to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Collaborate with Direct Technology’s Legal team and others to manage complex contract negotiations.
- Maintain an accurate and robust pipeline and forecast of business opportunities.
- Develop and manage the sales pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding quarterly and yearly strategies that align with revenue growth expectations.
- Accelerate customer adoption and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Expect significant travel.
- 10+ years of experience in sales of complex business IT solutions.
- Proven track record of success in customer relations and account management in the State of California public sector.
- Current book of business with State of California government clients.
- Strong understanding of State of California government procurement operations and procedures.
- Ability to travel regularly.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Marketing or IT preferred.
Job Type: Full-time