CAREERS THAT CHANGE LIVES:
The Diabetes Territory Manager (TM) will manage territory base business and growth by promoting, selling, supporting Medtronic Diabetes products and services. The Territory Manager will report directly to their assigned District Manager.
We believe that when people from different cultures, genders, and points of view come together, innovation is the result —and everyone wins. Medtronic walks the walk, creating an inclusive culture where you can thrive.
DIABETES BUSINESS DESCRIPTION:
The Diabetes Operating Unit focuses on improving the lives of those within the global diabetes community. As a business, we strive to empower people with diabetes to live life on their terms by delivering innovation that truly matters and providing support in the ways they need it. We’re committed to meeting people with diabetes where they are in their journey, always with an aim to make their lives easier. Our portfolio of innovative solutions are designed to provide customers greater freedom and better health, helping them achieve better glucose control, while spending less time managing their disease.
Click here to learn more about products.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Conduct sales calls to promote, sell, and service Medtronic Diabetes products and services to existing and potential physicians and patients.
- Implement quarterly sales plan to achieve sales goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with Clinical Territory Managers and or Diabetes Clinical Educators to educate physicians, nurses, educators, and other referral sources regarding the importance of intensive diabetes management and continuous glucose monitoring for patients with diabetes.
- Work directly with patients.
- Provide product and therapy technical support and service, including consultation at staff in-services and physician seminars.
- Fiscally manage territory by controlling expenses, product returns, and product inventory.
- Build and maintain relationships with referral sources to establish a solid base of business.
- Assist in establishing the company as the leader in diabetes products in the community by participating in community organizations such as local chapters of ADA (American Diabetes Association), AADE (American Association of Diabetes Educators), JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) and patient support groups
- Coordinate daily support activities and customer activities at meetings as assigned.
- Complete administrative reporting as assigned.
- Utilize approved sales collateral to support promotional and territorial needs.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and internal resources.
MUST HAVE - MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE BE SURE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS ARE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years prior sales experience.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Field Sales experience highly preferred.
- Prior medical device, business to business or pharmaceutical sales experience highly preferred.
- Prior inside sales or field clinical experience with Medtronic Diabetes.
- Previous sales award recipient due to strong sales performance (i.e. President’s Club, Rookie of the Year).
- Strong data analysis, evaluation and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Diabetes products and therapies.
- Preference given to local candidates.
- Demonstrable success in previous employment indicated by high level of sales performance.
- Must demonstrate deep understanding of the customer to drive, challenge and push thinking.
- Demonstrated experience in making multiple referral calls on a daily basis.
- Proven job skills in business planning/consulting and territory financial analysis.
- Ability to execute sales strategies in a complex, multi-faceted environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation skills; team oriented; conceptual/consultative sales skills.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Ability to exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Must successfully complete sales training.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position. The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in relation to travel and operating a personal computer. Travel is required. Must be able to drive approximately 85% of the time within assigned territory and may require overnight travel. Ability to drive over four hours consecutively. Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Medtronic has five Diversity Networks globally — African Descent Network, Asian Impact at Medtronic Network, Hispanic Latino Network, Medtronic Women’s Network, and PRIDE Network — with hubs serving members by location or function. We also have site-based employee resource groups (ERGs) supporting employees of various ages, faiths, military veteran status, abilities, and other shared affinities. In total, 25,000+ employee-members engage in 235+ Network hubs/ERGs in 70+ countries.